Oakland closer is..............Balfour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland closer is..............Balfour

RT @susanslusser: Balfour named #Athletics closer.

Not surprised. I think it's the right move and I think he'll be good. I also think Beane won't hesitate to flip him at the first chance he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Not surprised. I think it's the right move and I think he'll be good. I also think Beane won't hesitate to flip him at the first chance he gets.
      De Los Santos by the end of the year????
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Oakland's most likely reliever to be traded in midseason to a contender who needs a setup man is... Balfour.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          De Los Santos by the end of the year????
          De Los Santos has major splits issues

Balfour also has a team option for 2013

Comment

That's three of my dollars well spent
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Yes!

Does this cancel out the $12 I spent on Soria?
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Excellent... 3 closers (kept) in my AL-only for a total of $7. (Balfour $1, League $1, Farnsworth $5).

I think he's got the skills and the (crazy) mindset to thrive there. And he's been around the league enough to know how to pitch to everyone. I think this works out well. Just so long as he doesn't blow his lid and lose the ability to focus in late-game high-leverage situations.

Comment

There was a report out yesterday that it was Fuentes who was going to close. WTF? I dropped Balfour after that report and picked up some scrub SP.

*sigh* oh well.

Comment

This is what I got from Rotoworld earlier today before the official closer was announced:

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, Brian Fuentes is "expected to be" the A's closer this season.
                    Fuentes has been battling Grant Balfour for the job this spring. Though neither reliever has been all that sharp in the Cactus League, Fuentes does carry more experience in the role. The veteran left-hander probably won't carry a ton of fantasy value, but any pitcher in line for save opportunities deserves to be owned and made active
                    Last edited by ; 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idriveabucket View Post
                      This is what I got from Rotoworld earlier today before the official closer was announced:

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, Brian Fuentes is "expected to be" the A's closer this season.
                      Lesson #1 don't always trust Rotoworld
                      Lesson #2 NEVER trust -----> :heyman:

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Lesson #3, never trust a closer to hold the slot.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, someone start a poll about who gets more saves this season: Fuentes or Balfour.
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                          X