2k12: Michael Cuddyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12: Michael Cuddyer

Moving from Target Field to Coors Field has to feel like paradise for Cuddyer. He'll be a fan favorite in Yahoo leagues as he is 2B-eligible there.

NL LABR:

Holliday $33
    Pence $28
    Cuddyer $27
    Bruce $26
    Werth $25
    Ethier $24
    Morse $24
    Berkman $21

I'm sure that auction dynamics had a lot to do with that price, as I'd rather have Berkman or Bruce or Morse for sure, and probably Ethier too.

2011: 139 games, 284/346/459, 20 HR, 70 RBI, 70 R, 11 SB, 8.2% walk rate, 16.3% K rate, .312 BABIP

The BABIP was higher than past years, but it will probably stay high in Coors. He set a career high in steals after going 5-6-7 in 2009-2011. LD/FB rates have been fairly stable.

With Tulo, CarGo, Fowler, Scutaro, Ramon Hernandez and the ghosts of Todd Helton and Casey Blake, the lineup around Cuddyer is actually pretty good.

How about .287-25-88-73r-8sb? Is that worth $25+ ... I am not sure but maybe the upside is there to earn it?

I think that you are right about auction dynamics. I am guessing he was one of the last good players left while team still had money.

Numbers are respectable but would be tremendous as a 2nd baseman. In many league 1 game is eligible and then you have the 2nd best one in the league (behind Phillips).

How is the rest of the colorado infield shaking out?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      I think that you are right about auction dynamics. I am guessing he was one of the last good players left while team still had money.

Numbers are respectable but would be tremendous as a 2nd baseman. In many league 1 game is eligible and then you have the 2nd best one in the league (behind Phillips).

How is the rest of the colorado infield shaking out?
      Well they have got Blake at 3B, with Pacheco backing him up and Arenado lurking at AAA. Helton is at 1B, with Giambi backing him up, and if anything serious happened, you might see Cuddyer at 1B and Colvin in RF. Or CarGo to RF and EYJR to LF with Cuddyer at 1B. Scutaro should be the everyday 2B with guys like Nelson, Pacheco, Herrera backing him up. Oh, and maybe Brandon Wood is in the mix somewhere. Yippee!

Comment

I cannot believe they expect a whole season out of Blake. Cuddyer is as good defensively at 3B as he is at second, ie not embarrassing.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          I cannot believe they expect a whole season out of Blake. Cuddyer is as good defensively at 3B as he is at second, ie not embarrassing.

J
          Would you stop trying to perpetuate this myth? Cuddy at 3rd is NOT a good defensive player, period. In fact, he's awful, which is the reason that he's only played 14 games there since 2006. Early on in the minors, he committed 123 errors in 3 seasons at 3rd and SS...good outfielder, passable 1st baseman, and there the glove ends...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

But the part about him being as good at third as he is at second is true. Just delete the not embarassing part, and bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              But the part about him being as good at third as he is at second is true. Just delete the not embarassing part, and bingo!
              LOL....good to have you back...gonna stick around for awhile?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Hopefully, but it depends on my time commitments. Life has just been crazy busy recently. At least I can now access the site, which I could only rarely do after the move.

Comment

Actually HQ probably has a bigger man-crush on Cuddyer than any other player relative to other $ rankings. They think $26 is fine in NL-only based on their projections. Yes, really.
                  We have only a 15-G minimum for a position, so Cuddyer will walk into the auction with a 2B eligibility as well.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X