Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giancarlo Stanton - possible knee surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlo Stanton - possible knee surgery?

Wow! The injury bug is starting to rear its ugly head.

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to get all my guys injured early this year, and not wait for the regular season.

Comment

And, by the way, he was much tougher when he was "Mike".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          And, by the way, he was much tougher when he was "Mike".
          He also had a significantly better sidearm slider before the name change
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Did anything ever come of this or is Giancarlo all ready to go?

Comment

Rotoworld hasn't had an update on him since March 16, when it said he would be sidelined until at least this Friday.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Per the Miami Herald, March 21:

The three injured Marlins (Stanton, Morrison, Dobbs) received medical clearance on Tuesday to resume "baseball activities," but that's a vague term, one that carries different meanings. What it doesn't mean is that any of the three is ready to resume playing. Not immediately.

Stanton has been sidelined by 1) a bruised wrist which has now fully healed and 2) a sore knee that remains a problem. Manager Ozzie Guillen said the plan is to go "slower" with Stanton as he works his way back.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Did anything ever come of this or is Giancarlo all ready to go?
                  Apparently the MRI shows no damage, but he is still feeling some pain. He could play if he needed supposedly but the Marlins want to go slow.

Stanton said that it hasn't got any worse but not much better either.

Comment

I feel bad.

I've ruined or at least diminished the careers of many fine young ballplayers simply by signing them to long-term fantasy league contracts.

Mea maxima culpa, Giancarlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                      I feel bad.

I've ruined or at least diminished the careers of many fine young ballplayers simply by signing them to long-term fantasy league contracts.

Mea maxima culpa, Giancarlo.
                      Note to self: Avoid pitchers taken by Don Quixote and young hitters by Lucky.

And, yeah, he was a lot tougher as Mike. I think you get a pass on this one and the name change gets blamed.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Note to self: Avoid pitchers taken by Don Quixote and young hitters by Lucky.

And, yeah, he was a lot tougher as Mike. I think you get a pass on this one and the name change gets blamed.
                        It's nice to be recognized.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

He may not be concerned but I am.....

Comment

Working...
                          X