2K12: Nolan Reimold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Nolan Reimold

I saw on MLBdepthcharts that Endy Chavez is listed as the starting LF and batting lead-off. I thought Reimold was getting that gig.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Maybe that was temporary after Reimold took a fastball to the face last week. No way Chavez beats out Reimold.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I saw on MLBdepthcharts that Endy Chavez is listed as the starting LF and batting lead-off. I thought Reimold was getting that gig.
      Platoon situation perhaps? Reimold is out of options and the better player

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Platoon situation perhaps? Reimold is out of options and the better player
        Since you just snaked him from me in the AL Mock, I hope he gets sent down. Bastage

:beavis:
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Since you just snaked him from me in the AL Mock, I hope he gets sent down. Bastage

:beavis:
          Fine, I'll trade him to you for Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Fine, I'll trade him to you for Joyce
            I didn't get Joyce, either.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

MLBDC had Chavez as the starting LF in January. Haven't checked it since then.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I thought Reimold was a lefty-masher but he had a reverse platoon split last year. So who knows? I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a semi-platoon with Endy, but Markakis is taking it slow this spring and they could both be in the outfield early in the season. Plus the O's DH is Wilson Betemit? They have Chris Davis, Mark Reynolds and Betemit for 1B/3B/DH. Reimold could see some time at DH too if that's the case.

Comment

Anyone else think that Chavez seems to have locked down the starting job? Reimold has struggled and Chavez has been hot. I have them both with pretty much the same contract and assumed all along that Reimold was the guy. I'm beginning to wonder.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Anyone else think that Chavez seems to have locked down the starting job? Reimold has struggled and Chavez has been hot. I have them both with pretty much the same contract and assumed all along that Reimold was the guy. I'm beginning to wonder.
                    Speaking from a strictly logical sense (which is irrelevant often times), it'd be dumb to give Chavez more than a day/week for the first month. Although the O's have looked for reasons not to play Reimold in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them. Chavez is a known quality (not of the good kind), Reimold only has upside and at worst can't be much worse than Chavez. On a team not competing like Baltimore they have to look at upside. Doesn't mean they will, but it'd be idiotic if they don't.

Comment

don't be that guy!

Comment

I think it is not going to work well for Reimold owners. With Roberts out, it appears that Chavez is the favorite to earn everyday at bats leading off. Riemold has the much better upside, but the O's are looking for a lead off hitter and that appears to be Chavez. Riemold will probably get some OF time and DH, but may not be an every day player. I was/am hoping for 450+ at bats, but if he's not named the everyday leftfielder, I'm throwing him back into our draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                          On a team not competing like Baltimore they have to look at upside. Doesn't mean they will, but it'd be idiotic if they don't.
                          These are the Angelos Orioles we're talking about. "Idiotic" is a frequent occurrence.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Yo. For April and possibly May. I picked him up in my 10 team AL league.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Reimold will be starting in LF and batting lead-off according to MLB Depth Charts.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X