Am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I missing something?

Here's a trade that was completed today in my 12-team NL-only 5x5 league, standard 14/9 rosters, $260 budget

Brandon Beachy ($3) for Tyler Clippard ($2) and David Hernandez ($1)

Can someone explain how this deal might make sense to the team trading Beachy. The owner trading Beachy does not own either Storen or Putz. Even if he did, this seems like a very odd trade from someone who is a good and knowledgeable owner.

I would not make that trade.

If I am guessing it is that he is taking a shot that he will get better stats from the combined $1 players then Beachy. And maybe he is thinking that Putz or Storen will be getting hurt or traded?

Comment

Storen is entrenched and seems to be relatively reliable health wise as a pitcher. But Clippard is a stud reliever who puts up great stats in middle relief. Hernandez is the wild card. He could easily never get the closer role, but to me he is a good gamble. It is too much gamble for me to give up Beachy, but I could see this trade paying off. And it's not like Beachy doesn't carry risk himself. Some struggles and he could get bumped. ATL is so deep at SP.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-10-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Looks like a terrible trade. If the owner has a good rep, write it off to strange strategy or bad tequila.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X