$8 E. Aybar vs. $1 G. Balfour
    $7 L. Cain vs. $16 H. Kendrick
    $35 M. Cabrera vs. $8 M. Brantley
    $13 R. Martin vs. $18 A. Jones

Balfour
    Kendrick
    Brantley
    Jones
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Aybar
      Kendrick
      Brantley
      Jones
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

$8 E. Aybar vs. $1 G. Balfour =========Aybar
        $7 L. Cain vs. $16 H. Kendrick ========Kendrick
        $35 M. Cabrera vs. $8 M. Brantley=====Miggy
        $13 R. Martin vs. $18 A. Jones========Jones

Comment

I guess it depends somewhat on inflation in my league too. How about this - assuming I can, should I trade my $7 Cain for
          Miggy $35
          or
          Kendrick $16
          or
          Aybar $8

?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I'd deal for Miggy. Cain is far from a sure thing and Miggy is as risk-free as they get.
            I am not so sure. Cain + $28 player is probably better than Miggy and a $1 pitcher. Cain at $7 is a very good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I am not so sure. Cain + $28 player is probably better than Miggy and a $1 pitcher. Cain at $7 is a very good deal.
              You may be right, but it is a "shallow" only league, so the buck player is better than if it were s 12 team league.

Comment

A 10 team only league is much different than a 12 team league. The worst player taken is 46 spots better. That said I'd make the deal for Aybar. I have Aybar as either the 4th or 5th best SS in the AL. Having him at $8 ensures you have a quality SS for a good price an allows you to spend the $35 on a big slugger.

Comment

Originally posted by BC... View Post
                  You may be right, but it is a "shallow" only league, so the buck player is better than if it were s 12 team league.
                  You make a good point. I would also suggest the same holds true for the $28 player.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Ditto this. How come you other guys are picking Brantley over Miggy? That seems like a no-brainer to me.
                    it is. in my case I was thinking Melky. Brain fart.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

OK, one more to throw at you:

Adam Jones $18 B vs. J. Montero $8 B

Comment

Traded $7 Cain for $16 Kendrick.

Still might be able to do Adam Jones $18 for J. Montero $8 - anybody have any input? Need to pull the trigger by tonight... I'm tempted to stick with the more reliable Jones, but C-eligibility is worth a premium too.

Comment

I'd take Jones. They have about the same amount of profit, but Montero has more risk, IMO.

Comment

He'd be C-elig for 2012, and then depending on if he gets 20 games there, maybe for 2013. But it's all moot as that owner traded
                            $8 Montero and $3 Masterson
                            for
                            $5 Sale, $5 Ackley, and $34 Sabathia

I'm happy keeping Jones. I am a fan of risk minimization, as evidenced by my Cain trade I guess. Thanks for the input, all!

Comment

Working...
                            X