No announcement yet.

KC Closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i picked holland off the waiver wire for the 2nd time this season last week for this reason. KC seems to have a few similarly skilled RPs - i also rostered tim collins for a recent two week stretch - but i think holland has to be the favorite. i may still roster collins next week just in case, as a hedge.

i also drafted soria this year for $1, and have him tied to harrison @ $10, so i'll be watching reports on the mexicutioner's fall/winter rehab very closely. but that's a discussion for another time....
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Herrera is throwing GAS. His ERA is also decreasing each month; April: 4.50, May: 2.65, June: 2.03, July: 1.86. Outside of June, his ground ball percentage is has been right at 60% (June's GB% was 51%). He's given up four HR this season, but all were in April (the last he gave up was 4/21). His K/9 is only 8.3 compared to Holland's 12.9 (and Collins' 12.1). Herrera currently is tied for the team lead with 12 holds (with Crow), and has the best BB/9 at 2.0.

I own Holland, but truly would like to find a way to hedge my "bet" with Herrera on my team.
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
        Herrera is throwing GAS. His ERA is also decreasing each month; April: 4.50, May: 2.65, June: 2.03, July: 1.86. Outside of June, his ground ball percentage is has been right at 60% (June's GB% was 51%). He's given up four HR this season, but all were in April (the last he gave up was 4/21). His K/9 is only 8.3 compared to Holland's 12.9 (and Collins' 12.1). Herrera currently is tied for the team lead with 12 holds (with Crow), and has the best BB/9 at 2.0.

I own Holland, but truly would like to find a way to hedge my "bet" with Herrera on my team.
        Looking like Coco Cordero's time as a closer is going to be short lived, I'm shocked. When I dump him, Herrera will probably be the add.

Comment

Working...
        X