2k12: Ryan Doumit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12: Ryan Doumit

Could Doumit be the best (very cheap) second C option out there? He is slated to play DH for the Twins...and I would say not being behind the plate will increase his odds in the durability department.

How much power can we expect from him moving to Minny, and does anyone in their right mind think he can stay healthy for once in his whole career?

He went for a fair amount in LABR, so I think other people are thinking the same thing.

Comment

mlbdepthcharts http://www.mlbdepthcharts.com/2011/0...offseason.html list him as the twins dh.

Comment

iirc the Twins new ballpark saps left handed power. LH is also Doumit's stronger side

LH - 275/336/461
        RH - 262/329/389

His 162 game average is 62/18/71/.271 (.334/.442)

He's never played more than 124 games and has only played more than 83 twice...but that's as a catcher. Still, wouldn't project more than he's played before, so at 3/4 of a season he's looking at 45/13/55/.270. Maybe bump him up a few notches because he's not playing catcher to 50/15/60 but not too much because he's stronger from the left.

I don't see that as much different than Mesoraco or Ramos, so I won't be rushing to get him but he's certainly on the consideration list.

Comment

He is catcher eligible this year. I always like guys that "play" other positions but are eligible at C.

Comment

The Twins are planning to carry 3 "catchers" but if Mauer gets hurt or Butera keeps drilling pitchers on throws to second, things could change. I still don't expect them to stick Doumit behind the plate too often because they really do need his bat. The $15 he went for in AL LABR seems a little optimistic for me. Then again PNC isn't a great place to hit either (although it isn't bad for LH power assuming you have some loft).

Comment

I see health questions of other players including Morneau and Mauer also effecting Doumit's DH at bats, as well as the possibility that Revere might win an outfield job and push Willingham or Young to the DH role.

Comment

Which Young? Delmon's in Detroit.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Which Young? Delmon's in Detroit.
                  ...and I thought the OF was pretty set with Span-Revere-Willingham.

Comment

You are right I forgot Young was traded.

Comment

he's not exactly the Iron Horse, but on a team with Morneau, Willingham & Mauer, if he can stay healthy (bwahahahaha), he can certainly make for a solid cheap investment at catcher.

Comment

And in the "things I wish I could buy stock in" category, Doumit goes to the DL overnight with a calf injury. He was having a great go too

Who would you pick to replace him: Flores, Torrealba, Barajas or Suzuki -- blech!

Comment

Can I choose blech?

Comment

I'd hold my nose and take Suzuki.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Now they are saying he is day to day and not on the DL. Blackburn to the DL instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X