2k12: Brandon Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12: Brandon Belt

Last year's struggles seem to be making him an afterthought in drafts. He **only** went for 13 in NL LABR, which is certainly saying something when Daniel Murphy and Jose Altuve are going for 17.

He definitely showed flashes of his power stroke, especially in the final month last season, but he was still striking out too much.

He says he learned a lot through the ups and downs of last year, but is it enough to supplant Huff and get enough ABs to impact NL fantasy teams this year? or even a mixed sleeper?

I too worry about his role and the presense of a highly paid Huff, who i think is capable of enough of a bounce back to make him a playing time barrier. However, when in doubt, I try to remind myself to pursue skills not roles, and I believe that Belt's skills as a hitter will win out and get him on the field somehow.

Comment

Huff is terrible, it's all on Belt to get his AB's. If he earns them he will get more.

Comment

Huff is only terrible sometimes. When he is focused and in shape he has put up excellent numbers.

I think it would be a mistake to think that belt only has to beat out Huff. Angel Pagan and Melky Cabrera are going to be in the lineup and Bochy wants to see Nate Schierholtz in right field.

The safe move is to consider Belt a mid-season call up.

Comment

Working...
        X