Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

What would you say if you had this staff coming out of an auction in a 9 team AL only 5x5 league:

Baker-3
    D Holland-1
    Haren-26
    Beckett-13
    H Alvarez-1
    Mo Rivera-23
    Balfour-1
    M Adams-4
    Nova-7

Now............

What would you say if that was the staff heading into the auction??? Am I crazy for keeping my entire pitching staff before the auction even starts? I know I could toss back guys like Nova, Adams, Rivera and maybe even Haren, but I just don't see any of those guys being less than what I already have. That's a pretty damn good staff for $79.

9 teams, al only? I would utter "damn, I am already playing for next year!"

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
      What would you say if you had this staff coming out of an auction in a 9 team AL only 5x5 league:

Baker-3
      D Holland-1
      Haren-26
      Beckett-13
      H Alvarez-1
      Mo Rivera-23
      Balfour-1
      M Adams-4
      Nova-7

Now............

What would you say if that was the staff heading into the auction??? Am I crazy for keeping my entire pitching staff before the auction even starts? I know I could toss back guys like Nova, Adams, Rivera and maybe even Haren, but I just don't see any of those guys being less than what I already have. That's a pretty damn good staff for $79.
      I wouldn't keep all 9 of those guys. You can't afford to go that light on saves in a 9 team league. I'd let Nova and Adams go and spend some money to get another guy in between Haren and Beckett's talent level and a closer.

Comment

You need another closer and another starter, I agree with MJ about dumping Nova and Adams. I think you can get away with a lower starter than he is advocating though, someone in the Masterson/Floyd/Colby/Kuroda range should do it. A safer play to off set your risk in Holland, Alvarez, and Baker.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback....I ended up not keeping Adams or Nova....

What about potentially keeping Perkins at $3?

Comment

Working...
          X