2k12 A Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12 A Rod

Thoughts on A Rod this season? Does he have another big season left? Or does he continue to break down?

I may go after him if I can get him for $25 or so in my 11 team mixed.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Even while breaking down as you put it, he's still cranking out production to the tune of 6.00 RC/G thanks to his lineup spot, park and team. it's just you better be ready to have a stop-gap while he misses 40+ games.

$25 is more than I'd pay in a Mixed League for him excluding inflation but at the right price (<$20) he's a profit. If he somehow turns out 500 ABs, then you will probably strike it rich.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

2008-2010 A-Rod is a great play in a shallow mixed league because you can fill in those 25 games with a pretty decent replacement. So the question is, will the power come back to pre-2011 levels? I think his hip was a real problem last year and I do think he'll bounce back. $25 is a little higher than I would go, but I would put his projection around 130 games, .275-27-105-75r-4sb.

Comment

just look at what that "medical treatment" has done for kobe this season. I'm buying and I'm getting him on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          just look at what that "medical treatment" has done for kobe this season. I'm buying and I'm getting him on the cheap.
          Agreed. It isn't just the medical treatment either. He's also been working with new trainers. The same ones responsible for turning Grant Hill from the most brittle in the NBA to a relative Iron Man. There was a pretty good story about it in the Daily News last week.

Comment

@Jon: Safe to say we will both have ubaldo and arod on every team this year...or at least the AL ones.

Comment

Maybe it's just my anti-Yankee and anti-cheater bias at work here, but I think that at 37, his days of hitting 25+ and driving in 100+ are over. Unless he's back on the juice, I'm guessing that he continues to alternate between spurts of great production, and weeks of limping along as another part of the body breaks down. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                @Jon: Safe to say we will both have ubaldo and arod on every team this year...or at least the AL ones.
                So true.

Comment

Working...
                X