Potential Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Keepers

In a 9 team AL only 5x5 league, are any of these guys worth keeping?

Torii Hunter - 18
    Vernon Wells - 20
    JJ Hardy - 18

I'm leaning towards Hardy mainly because at least 20 MI will need to be picked in our auction and I have a feeling he'll go for at least that in the middle or late rounds of the draft.

Yeah Hardy is the only one who is even close for me. You want scarce positions in a shallow league like that... but 2B isn't shallow in the AL, so I wouldn't stress that much about MI (Cano, Zorilla, Pedroia, Kinsler, Ackley, Kipnis, KJ, J Weeks are all pretty good)

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Yeah Hardy is the only one who is even close for me. You want scarce positions in a shallow league like that... but 2B isn't shallow in the AL, so I wouldn't stress that much about MI (Cano, Zorilla, Pedroia, Kinsler, Ackley, Kipnis, KJ, J Weeks are all pretty good)
      Agreed...however, Kinsler, Ackley, Kipnis, Weeks are definitely kept and Cano may be kept. Additionally, on the SS side, Cabrera, both Escobars and Peralta are being kept....basically, Hardy may become the 4th or 5th best MI available at the draft.

Am I trying to talk myself into it, or is he really worth keeping at that price?

And pardon my idiocy...who is Zorilla?? Zobrist?

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
        Agreed...however, Kinsler, Ackley, Kipnis, Weeks are definitely kept and Cano may be kept. Additionally, on the SS side, Cabrera, both Escobars and Peralta are being kept....basically, Hardy may become the 4th or 5th best MI available at the draft.

Am I trying to talk myself into it, or is he really worth keeping at that price?

And pardon my idiocy...who is Zorilla?? Zobrist?
        Yes, Zorilla is Zobrist. I think Hardy is the only one I would keep.

Comment

Agreed, go with either Hardy or none, depending on what's going to be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Agreed, go with either Hardy or none, depending on what's going to be out there.
            Agreed, I'd go with Hardy but throw back the 2 OFers

Comment

Agreed. Hunter is close to value but no need to keep him. Don't touch Wells.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I guess Hardy it is. Definately not the other 2 and I'm not crazy about Hardy either at that price. Why don't you save the money for a good outfielder and get yourself a cheap MI that can steal you 10+ bases (Andino, Casilla,Getz, Ryan, Pennington)?

Comment

Working...
                X