RotoJunkie AL-only Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    nice to be skipped 7 times over without any heads up that my pick was up....
    PMing 6 people to tell them they are on the clock is a bit much. I assume everyone subscribed to the thread. You also have to have a sense that the pace is at least 3 picks per weekday and 2 per weekendday, whether they are made or not.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Over a holiday weekend? Last thing on my mind

I"m guessing we're done with this now since everyone has ceased picking/caring?

Comment

Over a holiday weekend? Last thing on my mind

I"m guessing we're done with this now since everyone has ceased picking/caring?
        Does everyone have a 23 man squad?

I get home from the road tomorrow and planned on catching up with my picks but maybe we have reached the end and we should 'draft and hold'?

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          Does everyone have a 23 man squad?

I get home from the road tomorrow and planned on catching up with my picks but maybe we have reached the end and we should 'draft and hold'?
          I think that we should finish-up the reserves. I was going to enter the league on ESPN and run it as a "draft and hold" other than for moving your drafted reserves in and out.

Comment

• Just play the 23 rds as a draft and hold since the reserve rounds have become a cluster**** with everyone distracted over the holiday weekend or not knowing there were reserves since so many people didn't participate and/or communicate

Comment

• I'm OK with draft and hold.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I'm OK with draft and hold.
                Draft and hold (with five reserves) is what we had planned from the beginning. I'm sure that some teams drafted currently injured players and/or minor league players with the knowledge that they would have reserve players to replace those players. I don't completely understand why the draft suddenly came to a stop (starting last weekend) and why we shouldn't draft the reserves as set forth at the start of the draft.

Comment

• It's pretty clear everyone was not on the same page since it all came to a sudden stop and communication was poor in that people were being skipped over and had no idea.

Pick times at 10pm on Easter weekend is a bit overboard, no? Realistically, should wipe out the results starting at 24.01 and either do the reserves over so people know there are picks or just play the active 23. Frankly, that's the only way I'm interested in even paying attention to this during the season.

Comment

It's pretty clear everyone was not on the same page since it all came to a sudden stop and communication was poor in that people were being skipped over and had no idea.

Pick times at 10pm on Easter weekend is a bit overboard, no? Realistically, should wipe out the results starting at 24.01 and either do the reserves over so people know there are picks or just play the active 23. Frankly, that's the only way I'm interested in even paying attention to this during the season.

Draft will officially start on Friday (3/2) at 9 am EST
                    4 hours per pick on weekdays from 9am - 11pm EST
                    6 hours per pick on weekends from 9am - 11pm EST
                    Starters must be picked before reserves
                    No clock in round one

This is on page 1 of the draft thread. Anyone on the clock at 10pm on a weekend has until 1pm the next day to pick. I don't think that's crazy.

If we are doing a draft-and-hold, we might as well abort the reserve draft and set the rosters.
                    Last edited by virgonomic; 04-14-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      Draft and hold (with five reserves) is what we had planned from the beginning. I'm sure that some teams drafted currently injured players and/or minor league players with the knowledge that they would have reserve players to replace those players. I don't completely understand why the draft suddenly came to a stop (starting last weekend) and why we shouldn't draft the reserves as set forth at the start of the draft.
                      I'd prefer reserves, too, but at this point, I'm OK with draft and hold.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It's pretty clear everyone was not on the same page since it all came to a sudden stop and communication was poor in that people were being skipped over and had no idea.

Other than the teams who still haven't made their round 23 picks, no one was skipped until the Monday afternoon after Easter. Everyone was certainly aware that the draft was going on and could have easily checked the draft thread to see where we were at and who was up.

If teams subscribed to the draft thread (as I requested), they would have received an email from the site when virgonomic posted the "skips" on 4/9 in that thread.

Comment

• This was always about draft and hold as far as I knew. I wouldn't have added another league into my pocket if it were anything but. Drafting reserves is about timing rather than skill as evident by who has been taken so far which lessens any importance of the actual draft.

Just play the 23 and be done with it so we can see whose draft skills were the best at the year end, not whose timing or schedule was better for the reserves when they picked up free talent

Comment

• draft and hold the original 23 is fine with me
                            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

This was always about draft and hold as far as I knew. I wouldn't have added another league into my pocket if it were anything but. Drafting reserves is about timing rather than skill as evident by who has been taken so far which lessens any importance of the actual draft.

Just play the 23 and be done with it so we can see whose draft skills were the best at the year end, not whose timing or schedule was better for the reserves when they picked up free talent
                              Timing is always a part of it in a slow draft. Joakim Soria was a 7th round pick who soon became worthless before the season ever started, and also made Greg Holland and Jonathan Broxton mid-teen draft picks instead of reserve pickups. It would have been great to have been done long before opening day, but that just didn't happen given our pace. The plan was always draft and hold, but it also included drafting five reserves. I wouldn't have drafted guys like Carl Crawford and Salvador Perez if I knew that they couldn't be replaced by one of my five reserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                                Timing is always a part of it in a slow draft. Joakim Soria was a 7th round pick who soon became worthless before the season ever started, and also made Greg Holland and Jonathan Broxton mid-teen draft picks instead of reserve pickups. It would have been great to have been done long before opening day, but that just didn't happen given our pace. The plan was always draft and hold, but it also included drafting five reserves. I wouldn't have drafted guys like Carl Crawford and Salvador Perez if I knew that they couldn't be replaced by one of my five reserves.
                                Lets just get the reserve draft done. Everyone has had a responsibility to watch the clock. The 2nd and 3rd reserve picks are not going to win anyone the pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X