Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2012 Call Your Shot Thread (outrageous predictions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1- Will be revealed that 8 players are older than they claimed, including Albert Pujols.

2-On bright side, Pujols wins MVP in convincing fashion with a near triple crown season, which on top of his very active role in community projects, and near sellout of season tickets, team + fans have not a bad word to say about him or his contract. News folks try to stir pot on this but it falls flat.

3- Power down all across baseball. Stanton leads NL with a modest 41. Bautista leads AL with 43, nipping Pujols on last day of season who has 42.

4- Dunn comes to an agreement with pale hose regarding remainder of contract, retires mid season, as he cant get even improve on last years shockingly weak numbers.

5- Harper arrives. Clouds part. Angels sing, trumpets blare. Nationals become America's team.

Comment

Jordan Zimmerman steals Stephen Strasburg's thunder and wins NL Cy Young
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I'll play: Delmon Young goes .290-34-115-90.

Comment

Verlander falls just short of 30, winning 29
          Morneau stays healthy with DHing and spot rests, goes .290/31/105
          Dee Gordon steals 100
          Votto wins the NL triple crown .361/52/145
          Fielder struggles in the AL, .260/26/84
          Chris Parmelee wins ALROY .285/27/79

Comment

brandon inge hits .275/21/81 and wins a gold glove at 2B.
            jacoby ellsbury knocks 33 round trippers, just to spite critics.
            jesus montero throws out 30% of would be thieves.
            matt moore K's 246 - loses CY young votes to teammate david price (2.23ERA), award goes to verlander (27 Ws).
            nelson cruz - 572 ab, 37 hr.
            mariano rivera posts nearly human 2.79 ERA
            justin smoak's thumb is fine all season - .289/28/95
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I know it is insanely early to be bringing this up, but watching Emilio and the Marlins these first few games, I now realize that my 50 steals prediction for Emilio was not bold enough, so I'll bump it to 70, to make it as crazy as my other prediciton and more in keeping with this thread.

I know super early trends rarely mean much, but I really think he has a shot to steal 50. He is so damn fast (anyone see him beat out that routine grounder up the 1b line for a single Saturday?), and Guillen seems to green light him whenever he is on base, even with Hanley and Giancarlo hitting behind him.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Hitters:

Matt Kemp does as he predicted and goes 50/50 and wins the MVP
              He edges out Braun, who goes 40/40
              Mike Napoli hits 40 homers
              Bonifacio steals 50
              Jed Lowrie hits .300

Pitchers:

Kershaw Ks 300
              Ian Kennedy makes it b2b 21 win seasons
              Scott Baker finally gets 200 IP+ and 200K+
              Heath Bell leads the NL with 48 saves
              Joe Nathan leads the AL with 47 saves

Comment

these are great in hindsight - thank you gentlemen for your brazeness

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                  Bobby Valentine won't say anything stupid.
                  Darn.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Finally my annual prediction of Miguel Cabrera winning the Triple Crown just might come true!

He's currently 1st in RBI, 1st in BA, and 2nd in HR. He's only 1 behind Josh Hamilton for the HR lead.

Cabrera has to be a stone cold lock for the AL MVP at this point, no? What an amazing season the guy has had. He's looking at the third season in a row with an OPS+ of 170 or higher. That's awesome.
                    No, because players have to play defense and run bases - 2 things Cabera is awful at.

Trout is easily the best player in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      Dusty Baker's explanations make sense
                      Pittsburgh wins 88 games
                      Cubs finish over .500
                      Yankees don't win the World Series, but Hank Steinbrenner says he's satisfied with their season
                      Yankee and Red Sox fans learn to love each other, ushering in the Age of Aquarius with harmony and understanding, sympathy and trust abounding
                      Nick Johnson makes an MLB roster and stays healthy all year
                      #s 1, 2, 3, and 6 proved to be truly outrageous. #4 remains to be seen. #5 is as impossible as ever.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                        Not sure this is as outrageous as when I first thought of it. (In Beantown it would be blasphemous)

Red Sox come in 4th place, only ahead of Baltimore.
                        well, I was half right.......
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I forgot to predict that Tulo and Ellsbury (the glass pansy twins) would have the following numbers COMBINED:

73 runs
                          12 HR
                          53 RBI
                          16 SB
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            Giants beat the rangers again in the world series
                            close!
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Of course, I was so laughably wrong with all my other predictions that I shouldn't be too proud....
                              So are you starting one for 2013?

Comment

Placido Polanco homered twice yeaterday. He will lead the league in homers and Rbi's. You can't get more outrageous than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X