Strasburg for Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strasburg for Jennings

In a 12 team 5x5 keeper league w/ 5 keepers, I've been offered a 17th round Desmond Jennings for a 20th round Strasburg. Every year a player's kept the round value improves by 3 rounds but otherwise you can keep them forever. My other keepers are a 2nd round Tulo, a 10th round Aramis Ramirez, a 21st round Beachy and a 24th round Luebke.

I lean towards making the move b/c I feel like I've got too much pitching. Thoughts?

All advice is appreciated.
    -Ajwseven

When in doubt, side with the hitter

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      When in doubt, side with the hitter
      Or the Tampa player.

I would keep Strasburg. He could be a top 5 pitcher as early as 2013. And the only thing holding him back in 2012 will be the 160 ip limit. But, with his insane talent, he could still outperform a lot of pitchers who have 180-200 ip this year.

I don't see Jennings as much more than a 2 category (runs & SB) player this year and maybe the next few until he improves his batting average.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Anyone want to be a tie breaker?

Comment

Strasburg. I have a serious man-crush on him. He'll be limited to 160 innings this year so if you really think you can win this year, maybe ask for a sweetener in the deal. But he'll be a top-5 pitcher next year and could be one forever, and you'd have him for 7 years (20,17,14,11,8,5,2).

Comment

I would not make the trade.

Strasburg is a 160 inning stud right now helping in all but saves. Jennings is a nice player with potential. 7years of Strasburg is a very nice position to be in.

Comment

Upside wins titles.

Stras clearly has the upside to be an ACE and has already shown those skills at the MLB level. Jennings can be a nice player but I would definately favor keeping Strasburg

Comment

I would also add if you are serious about trading Strasburg, I think you could get a lot more if you shopped him. That is not to say that I think you should do that.

Comment

Working...
                X