2k12 Injury Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12 Injury Thread

Occasionally I find it's advantageous in drafting to take a flier on an injured player who will be overlooked and largely undervalued by most people come draft day.

Who suffered injuries last year who would be interesting to grab late?

Ryan Howard probably going for a discount, as will Josh Johnson.

Allen Craig.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Luke Scott
      Joe Mauer
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

The bidding on Victor Martinez will be interesting in keeper leagues.

Comment

a few more...

Brian Roberts
          Johan
          Tommy Hanson
          Ryan Kalish
          Kendrys
          Joba
          Brett Anderson
          Dallas Braden
          Stephen Drew
          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
            I have been thinking about martinez. He is extra attractive in my league set up because we use on base and total bases instead of batting aver and home runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              Will he retain Catcher eligibility in 2013 now since he would have qualified this year which is now lost? Would seem to have a big impact on potential keeper value.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                Will he retain Catcher eligibility in 2013 now since he would have qualified this year which is now lost? Would seem to have a big impact on potential keeper value.
                Depends on your league rules. In ours, if a player is injured the whole year (in fact, if they are injured before 20 games), they retain the previous year eligibility.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think we would have to add Carl Crawford to the list. He had wrist surgery, and according to Rotoworld may not be ready by opening day. Combine that to his terrible season last year, he may be the poster boy for this exercise.

Comment

Tim Hudson may miss the start of the season with a back injury.

Comment

Zumaya's injury may be a torn UCL; if so, yet another missed season.

Allen Craig still recuperating from knee surgery, may not be ready for Opening Day.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        As noted elsewhere, Grady Sizemore will miss the beginning of the season due to a back strain.

RP Chris Perez is also in danger of missing Opening Day due to an oblique strain (out 4-6 weeks).

Cliff Lee (abdomen), Clayton Kershaw (back), and Tim Lincecum (back) all had some minor dings that held them out of practice but all seem to be just fine now.

Tommy Hanson is confident he'll be ready for the start of the season after getting a concussion in a car wreck.

Joel Zumaya appears to be screwed --- elbow pain in the same elbow he had offseason surgery on.

Scott Sizemore had a left knee sprain. Still awaiting test results to see how much damage.
                        So who is the heir apparent to Perez -- Vinnie Pestano?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          So who is the heir apparent to Perez -- Vinnie Pestano?
                          Yep, no doubt about this one who gets first crack.

Comment

Manny Acta says if Chris Perez isn't ready to close at start of season, Vinnie Pestano will close.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Freddie Freeman has a partial dislocation of the kneecap. Severity and time he'll be out unknown right now.
                              Dr. Freddie Freeman is estimating 2 Weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X