Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback on my srategy. Please check it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on my srategy. Please check it out!

Ok H2H league 9X9. standard 5X5 plus 2b, ops, k, and BB (for hitters) and for pitchers QS, k/9, k/bb, and HR allowed. Typical positions. This is my plan, I'd love to know what others think.

I plan to take virtually all hitters with my first 10-12 picks then take a few closers with good k/9 k/bb (rafael betencourt types, not elite but good for those cats) then a few relievers with my last 2-3 picks like sergio romo, mike adams, etc. I'll have maybe 2-3 starting pitchers and stream a couple each week (max 5 transactions per week). Here is my thinking:

My offense should be stacked as I'll take all hitters while others are mixing it up. For pitching I will lose W, K, and QS a lot of the time (but not a total punt as I'll have a few second tier pitchers and a few streams a week) but I should be a virtual lock, in k/9, k/bb, HR allowed, era, and whip and have a pretty good shot at saves most weeks as I'll be running 2-3 middle relievers and 3-4 closers out there every week.

The scoring is each individual cat so if I win 10 and lose 8 I'd be 10-8. I figure I go on average 5.5-3.5 each week in pitching and should be strong in hitting. The league champ last year went 241-186 (.564). If I average 5.5-3.5 in pitching and 5.5-3.5 in hitting (which should be fairly conservative with my offense) I'd be at .611. Thoughts? Anything I'm not thinking of? Suggestions?

The only draw back I can think of is I can only start two RP and three P at a time but I still think if I had 3 closers and 2 middle relievers I'd be in good shape. Please share your opinions.

Not that revolutionary, but can you still get 3 soldie closers starting in the 13th round?

check a draft and see what closers are usually available then.

Comment

With that many ratio categories for pitchers, it's strange there's no IP minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        With that many ratio categories for pitchers, it's strange there's no IP minimum.
        agreed. ERA, WHIP, k/9, k/bb, and HR allowed would all be winnable with a couple of the best middle relievers. Put everything into winning the 9 batting cats so you'd win 14 of the 18 cats. Grabbing some closers is just gravy at that point.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Sounds like there will be next season.

Comment

The "problem" with a strategy like this is it is so obvious that others are likely to be trying the same thing and you have now altered the supply-demand ratio for the parts you want to get cheap, that you lose the edge. That is, a gimmick strategy works best when you are the only one doing it. There will be a race for the Romo's and Pestano's to a point you soften your offense, etc.
            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

There is an IP minimum of 24 but I should reach that easily. I am new to this league but I checked the rosters from last year and NOBODY had a single middle reliever on their team, which is why I think this will work. It is fairly shallow league (10 team, 20 roster spots), but I still feel like the strategy will work. And yes there are plenty of closers available after round 13. I really appreciate the feedback. Please keep it coming!

Comment

Getting lots of views but no more comments. Nobody has anything else to offer?

Comment

24 IP seems low, but 2400 is nuts, so what is the real league minimum?
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

per week...
                    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Yes, 24 innings per week.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasychamp View Post
                        Yes, 24 innings per week.
                        how many pitchers do you need to start? You mentioned 5, is that correct?

Comment

I meant I could only start 5 rp at a time. It is the standard yahoo format. sp, sp, rp, rp, p, p, p.

Comment

Working...
                          X