Mixed LABR results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed LABR results

1st year they've done an actual LABR league and they made the results immediately available tonight

Someone should have told the Fangraphs guy that most roto leagues use pitching for half of their categories. Jeesus, that is miserable...even his relievers don't look like much.

OTOH, Todd's team looks to be really nicely rounded...short on speed, but other than that a potentially top-notch squad.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Someone should have told the Fangraphs guy that most roto leagues use pitching for half of their categories. Jeesus, that is miserable...even his relievers don't look like much.

OTOH, Todd's team looks to be really nicely rounded...short on speed, but other than that a potentially top-notch squad.
      It's not that bad to me. Sale and Bard are high-upside speculations, I just don't like Pineda as the anchor. I woulda taken Josh Johnson instead. Felipe Paulino will be a good one too I think. I bet you can manage that staff and if Bailey stays healthy, he'll get 30+ saves so he just needs to get someone else to pay off, make a deal or mine for saves.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

As poor as the fangraphs guy drafted he still blew whoever Clay Davenport is out of the water. His season was over before he got out of the 5th round.

All in all I think the razzball guys knocked this out of the park. Both corners filled in rounds 1 and 2, Longoria at pick 20, got a bat capable of carrying a team when healthy at pick 50, Asdrubal is robbery that deep, and they built a great pitching staff around them too. I think the only mistake they made was taking Lince K over Pablo and I think had they known they'd have gotten Bumgarner-Anibal-Colby-Chacin-Peacock + 3 closers they'd have changed the pick. They'd have a competitive pitching staff and a down right dominant offense. Still, blew this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
          It's not that bad to me. Sale and Bard are high-upside speculations, I just don't like Pineda as the anchor. I woulda taken Josh Johnson instead. Felipe Paulino will be a good one too I think. I bet you can manage that staff and if Bailey stays healthy, he'll get 30+ saves so he just needs to get someone else to pay off, make a deal or mine for saves.
          They also have a floor that you don't want to go near...I actually like his Santana pick better than those two. Now there's still upside to be had there. I also like Paulino, but Crow is a throwaway IMO. He ran out of gas last year as a reliever...I can't see him stretching out to starters innings. He's also speculating a bit on his hitters, IMO. Markakis is still hurting, Cain is a lottery ticket, or a bench player, but I do like Sands in the 24th.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            1st year they've done an actual LABR league and they made the results immediately available tonight

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/draf....jsp?id=189028
            What do you mean "1st year they've done an actual LABR league"?

Aren't you in one of the LABR leagues again this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
              What do you mean "1st year they've done an actual LABR league"?
              First mixed LABR league, I think.

Edit: Or maybe, straight draft rather than auction.
              Last edited by OaklandA's; 02-26-2012, 04:07 AM.

Comment

The KFFL and Rotowire rosters look pretty solid as well.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I tend to wait on pitchers too but I agree that some of those decisions are questionable particularly with who he chose on offense at the expense of pitching. Personally I would have passed on Holliday and gone with Felix or 2 rounds later passed on Weiters and gone with Lester or Haren. No way can you feel good about your best starter as Pineda at this point with the division/stadium shift.

Comment

I thought it was interesting that Jose Altuve was picked before Ackley in the top 15 overall 2B.

Comment

This is the first time the mixed snake draft is going to be played out - LABR has done snake mocks for the Leviathan but they were just mocks.
                      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I have a question for Todd. In the 20th round you chose David Carpenter which had me searching to find out who he is. Do you project him to be the Astro closer? It seems a bit early to have speculated on this guy. Can you share your thoughts on this pick?

Comment

I would think Carpenter is technically 3rd in the pecking order but it's not like it's a mountain he has to climb. Lyon (likely favorite if for no other reason then they're paying him a lot) is horrible and Wilton Lopez never really got a fair shot last year as he got hurt and Melancon slid into the open 9th inning role. Toss up to me who to go with between Lopez and Carpenter but I think Carpenter is definitely worth keeping an eye on during ST.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                            I have a question for Todd. In the 20th round you chose David Carpenter which had me searching to find out who he is. Do you project him to be the Astro closer? It seems a bit early to have speculated on this guy. Can you share your thoughts on this pick?
                            Yeah, Carpenter is my choice for the Astro saves (insert joke here)

He would not be the first guy to get his BB/9 under control and pair it with a high K/9 (see Wilson, Brian and Farnsworth, Kyle amongst others).

I don't believe in the notion of "too early", especially when I know I can get the starters I want later (Alvarez, Parker, Noesi and Moseley - OK, Colon too). No sense in taking the chance someone else is speculating that Brandon Lyon is not the guy.
                            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

It's either Carpenter or Abreu, if we're betting on raw skills I lean towards Abreu but in the end I'll bet both have the role at some point this year. We'll see who grasps the job. I just don't think Lopez is good enough, although it wouldn't surprise me to see a report stating he has the lead sometime in the next week or 2. I think it'll just be a motivational ploy for the 2 real candidates.

Comment

Working...
                              X