• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.l. trade possibilities

5x5 standard scoring
    11 teams
    salaries go up $5 each season
    6 max keepers: (this is what I own presently: 1b butler 21, of gardner 19, of granderson 30, of jennings 7, sp fister 6, sp morrow 12, cl c.perez 17, sp e.santana 17, rp soriano 6, sp vargas 6)

2012 salaries, would you trade a $7 Des Jennings for 2 or 3 of the following:

sp hellickson $8
    cat napoli $21
    dh ortiz 17
    pit a.reed 6
    sp holland 9
    cl bailey 16

If you would do a trade, what does my final 6 keepers look like?

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    5x5 standard scoring
    11 teams
    salaries go up $5 each season
    6 max keepers: (this is what I own presently: 1b butler 21, of gardner 19, of granderson 30, of jennings 7, sp fister 6, sp morrow 12, cl c.perez 17, sp e.santana 17, rp soriano 6, sp vargas 6)

2012 salaries, would you trade a $7 Des Jennings for 2 or 3 of the following:

sp hellickson $8
    cat napoli $21
    dh ortiz 17
    pit a.reed 6
    sp holland 9
    cl bailey 16

If you would do a trade, what does my final 6 keepers look like?
    In no way would I trade a $7 Jennings for any combination of those guys. I wouldn't do a 4-1. I would not trade a 5 cat hitting stud for pitching at all and the other hitters mentioned are not at great values and more than likely will decline from last years numbers.

I know you need to add some value to your team, but trading Jennings needs to net you a huge haul with tremendous value coming back. Offer him Granderson and E.Santana for Hellickson (depending on what his keepers and needs are) and try to get rid of some salary.

Comment

Yeah, I think I agree with Price. I am OK with the idea of dealing Jennings for Hellickson plus, but I don't see any "plus" on that list that would make me pull the trigger. You've got:

Gardner 19
      Granderson 30
      Jennings 7
      Fister 6

.... and then maybe Butler if he qualifies at 1B, Morrow or Perez if you want to gamble, Vargas if you don't, etc. I can see the need/want to add more keepers. I just don't think this is the way to do it. Maybe if you take Jennings off that list and add Hellboy, Reed and Holland... but even then I don't see it. And it requires a huge man-crush on Addison Reed to even consider it.

Comment

I would not do the trade, and keep these:

Gardner 19
        Granderson 30
        Jennings 7
        Fister 6
        Morrow 12
        Butler 21
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I would not do the trade, and keep these:

Gardner 19
          Granderson 30
          Jennings 7
          Fister 6
          Morrow 12
          Butler 21
          I would not do the trade. I agree with Chance, except I am not sure I keep Butler. Would he trade Holland for Butler?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Yeah, I think I agree with Price. I am OK with the idea of dealing Jennings for Hellickson plus, but I don't see any "plus" on that list that would make me pull the trigger.
            This.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
            X