Draft Prep Help, Please; Mixed 5x5 12-team H2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Prep Help, Please; Mixed 5x5 12-team H2H

A bunch of guys in my fantasy football league have a baseball league that they asked me to join. It's an ESPN, Mixed 5x5 H2H 12-team league.

The quirk here is that we start 1 1b, 1 2b, 1 ss, 1 3b, 1 c, 3 of, 2 ut, 5 sp, 3 rp. 4 Reserves. So that's 10 hitters and 8 pitchers each week.

I've drawn pick # 2, so I figure on taking Miggy or Pujols. But, what's my strategy after that? Usually, I'd go offense for 8 or 9 picks and then work on pitching, but it seems to me that offense is pretty shallow, so should I try to get a top pitcher in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm new to H2H leagues and the configuration of the starting lineups has me perplexed on the right approach.

Is there a weekly/yearly cap on innings? How about transactions? My default strategy is to load up on offense, get a couple of elite closers and stream starters. If that's not possible (weekly transactions/transaction cap) then I would overload either SP or RP by finding guys who fit into the other slot (Feliz/Sale as RPs, Ogando as SP, etc). The goal is that you do well in saves, either W/K or ERA/WHIP, and crush at least 4 offensive categories.

Being able to slot Miggy into your 3B slot would be nice if he's there. If not, I might go Kemp or Bautista over Albert.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Is there a weekly/yearly cap on innings? How about transactions? My default strategy is to load up on offense, get a couple of elite closers and stream starters. If that's not possible (weekly transactions/transaction cap) then I would overload either SP or RP by finding guys who fit into the other slot (Feliz/Sale as RPs, Ogando as SP, etc). The goal is that you do well in saves, either W/K or ERA/WHIP, and crush at least 4 offensive categories.

Being able to slot Miggy into your 3B slot would be nice if he's there. If not, I might go Kemp or Bautista over Albert.
      Agree with everything here. Good stuff!

Comment

Weekly transactions, no cap on innings, no cap on transactions. Kemp or Bautista over Albert...Hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
          Weekly transactions, no cap on innings, no cap on transactions. Kemp or Bautista over Albert...Hadn't thought of that.
          Well, you can still stream with weekly transactions by picking up guys with 2 starts, but it's not quite as easy. I'd probably still go that route.

Comment

I traded down!

Traded my 1st (pick #2) and my 10th (pick #119) for a 1st (pick #5) and a 9th (pick #101). Thought this was a no-brainer. Miggy, Pujols, Kemp, Bautista, Braun. I'll get one.

Comment

Working...
            X