Keeper list review and trade offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper list review and trade offer

12 team, 5x5 with OBP and SLG replacing BA and HRs, AL+Brewers, Cards, and Cubs. Pricing for AL players works out very close to a 10-team AL only, and NL players close to a 11-team NL only. Can keep 9 max. Inflation runs 10-15% typically in this league, as the longest a player can be kept is three years. Based on my early calcs, I expect inflation to be right near 15%.

My list of keeper possibles, with initial keepers having a *:

Pujols - 41 *
    Fielder - 35 *
    Konerko - 20 *
    Jeter - 17
    Lawrie - 5 *
    C. Hart - 15 *
    J. Weeks - 10 *
    Revere - 10
    A. Soriano - 12
    McCarthy - 3 *
    Wainwright - 8 *
    Marcum - 14 *
    Vargas - 2

This ties up all my CI positions plus my UT going into the auction, but 1B is the one position that may have very limited players going back into the auction. I think Miggy will be the only player going back of any quality at 1B.

I have an offer of Fielder for Willingham - 15 and C. Pena - 10. In an OBP/SLG league, I'm tempted since Pena is pretty decent in that format. Plus, I'd then drop Konerko back and have a free UT slot.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Love your keeps. I hate the trade. I wouldn't worry so much about going into the auction with your corners and ut filled. You really can't do much better than what you have. View it as a challenge and enjoy your players. Plus you still have a lot of money left for the auction.

I would love to go into my auction with your situation just as it is.

Comment

Love your keepers as well and would pass on the trade. I think you should try to look for a better trade and try to open CI

Comment

Trade update - Been offered $32 Ellsbury for my $35 Fielder. Thoughts?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Yeah, I think I'd do that trade. I like Ellsbury as a candidate for a pretty good regression but it's perfect for your team. I think you're doing well on power anyways and Ellsbury should still chip in double digit HRs.
          I agree on all counts--regression from Ellsbury, but still very good and a great fit for your team. Close call, but it seems like a win-win type deal.

Comment

Are sure they did not mix up Ellsbury's urine with Brauns? 24 more hrs than his previous best. Would hate for you to trade for a guy who will be sitting out for 50 games.

All kidding aside this one works for you. The speed is nice, the power is a crapshoot, but he should certainly get you some. If he doesn't regress woo hoo!

Comment

Pujols - 41 *
              Fielder - 35 *
              Konerko - 20 *
              Lawrie - 5 *
              C. Hart - 15 *
              J. Weeks - 10 *
              McCarthy - 3 *
              Wainwright - 8 *

I roll with these 8. I also like the Ellsbury deal for you.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
              X