Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keeper Assistance Please

NL only, $300 cap, 10 team 10 cat: OBP,R,SB,RBI,XB --- W,SV,ERA,WHIP,K

I can keep up to 8. What do the junkies think ?

It's possible there are just too many question marks at this point around Rizzo, Craig, Alonzo, and others to make a good decision.

Here is anyone worth considering, and I've *d what I think I'd submit if I had to do it today :

SANDOVAL 19 *
    MOTTE 3 *
    CRAIG 6 *
    PRESLEY 8
    RIZZO 1 *
    BEACHY 10 *
    LUEBKE 5 *
    TABATA 5 *
    NORRIS 4
    HART 15
    ALONZO 7
    TEHERAN 7
    VENABLE 5
    WANDY 6 *
    GEE 1

I think I'm having the most problems with 1 out of Alonzo, Rizzo, Norris, Presley.

T H A N K S

I think you've got a better chance at profit with Norris at 4 than Craig at 6, but can understand the concern of having two pitching keepers going to the AL the following year
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

SANDOVAL 19 *
      MOTTE 3 *
      RIZZO 1 *
      BEACHY 10 *
      LUEBKE 5 *
      TABATA 5 *
      HART 15
      WANDY 6 *

In a $300 cap league, and those categories, you have to keep Hart out of that list for 15.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

thanks guys.
        Hart it is. I kept him last year at that price, and I guess he can't be ignored and replaced with the likes of Alonzo and Norris.

Comment

I'm bringing this up again because I've still got some time, we've had news on the players in question, and I (don't we all?) agonize over this list every year.

Do you guys have any new opinions?
          I'm struggling over 3 out of 6 of the following to add to Panda, Tabata, Beachy, Motte, Luebke.

Craig 6 -- I'm thinking "no", but I'm a believer watching him play, and he's apparently ahead of schedule for return from injury.
          Hart 15 -- Injury concern? He's been streaky but eventually has good #s. I kept him at this price last year.
          Rizzo 1 -- Is he going to play? I don't really feel like sitting on him for a year. We can only keep guys for 3 years max, and this would be his second.
          Alonso 7 -- Petco Problem? We've got a Total XB league rather than HR, but even still, he'd have to hit a ton of doubles to be worth a lot more than 7. I figure if I want him he's not going for >11 at the draft.
          Rodriguez 6 -- He'll have maybe 11 wins with better than avg era/whip/k. My league seems to pay a lot for proven starters. I bet he'd go for 12 if I let him go.
          Presley 8 -- Not sure if I should care that he had a good 2nd half and is having a great spring. I can't believe he goes for >11 if I want him back, since I've never heard anyone think his ceiling was all that high.

Thanks again.

Comment

I really think rizzo gets a full year at aaa. I actually really like presley. I would not keep Craig. So it's presley hart and either Alonso or wandy for me. I'd rather keep Alonso and hope for doubles, 1b in the nl is a mess.

Comment

SANDOVAL 19
              MOTTE 3
              HART 15
              ALONZO 7
              WANDY 6
              BEACHY 10
              LUEBKE 5
              TABATA 5

I'd be keeping Presley & Rizzo ahead of Craig fwiw but have a hard time not saying that a $6 Wandy is a better pick in the short-term. I'm also not sure that Presley won't be better than Tabata this year but not sure I'd put money on that hunch.

Comment

Not a Yonder fan, but with all that pitching already on your roster I think you need to gamble on XBH's from Alonso. And I agree with the Rizzo in AAA crowd, if you could keep him beyond 2013 it'd be different but I can't justify burning a keeper on a guy that may not help me this year.

Comment

Working...
                X