Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Hudson to Miss First Month of Season (2/20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Hudson to Miss First Month of Season (2/20)

time to downgrade him and upgrade some of the kiddies:

"Late in November, Braves starting pitcher Tim Hudson had surgery on his back that fused his L5/S1 disk. Not much was made of it at the time because it was believed he'd be ready to go at the start of the season. Instead, he's going to miss the first month.

"Me getting back for the start of the season was never really a possibility, just from a timeline standpoint," Hudson said (MLB.com). "The kind of surgery I had is a three-to-sixth-month deal. Five months puts me at May 1." Hudson could have certainly been ready for the start of the 2012 season had he undergone the procedure immediately when the 2011 season ended, but the initial plan was to avoid the surgery until after the 2012 season. By late November, though, he was forced to have the surgery. "

True, I guess the question is I wonder when they need a 5th starter the first month of the season.

Comment

he also says the procedure is 3-to-6 months, and says May 1 is the 5-month mark. So it's certainly conceivable we don't see him until June, or at full strength until post AS Break.

Comment

"This guy is dead!"
        "Cross him off then."
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Bump up Mike Minor, who I like but was probably going to get bumped by Teheran.

Slight bump for Randall Delgado too as he is now the new #6 for the first 1-3 months.

Comment

Does this mean they're going to quit hawking Jair Jurrjens? Their desperation to rid themselves of a pretty decent starting pitcher strikes me as strange. I know his peripherals suggest he's not as good as his numbers, but, damn, it's not like he's talentless, and he's been quite successful when healthy. Why is Atlanta so eager to move him? Heck, if they traded him to Colorado, he'd be our ace.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              Why is Atlanta so eager to move him?
              My guess would be that he will soon get expensive thanks to arbitration, and if they don't think he's worth it...
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X