Early keeper look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early keeper look

10 team NL 5x5 categories are TB RBI R SB OBP and K/9 W S ERA WHIP....Went for a money spot last year and came up short. I am now left with the carnage. We can keep up to 8. The ones I think I am keeping are in bold

Mesoraco 1
    Freese 12
    Ramirez, H 18
    Morrison 1
    Cozart 3

Uggla 26
    Blanks 2
    Heisey 1
    Scheirholtz 5
    Bourgeois 1
    Cueto 9
    Luebke q
    Norris 5

Leake 4
    Minor 5
    Volquez 4
    Wood 2

give me your 8.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

That's Hanley Ramirez at 18? How did you manage that?

I generally agree. I might keep Bourgeois or Minor if he has a guaranteed starting spot or Volquez to see how much Petco helps, although I don't know how much it can help with wildness...
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      That's Hanley Ramirez at 18? How did you manage that?

I generally agree. I might keep Bourgeois or Minor if he has a guaranteed starting spot or Volquez to see how much Petco helps, although I don't know how much it can help with wildness...
      He was bought at 3 by someone 5 years ago and was extended to 18. This is his last year.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Can you keep Norris in 2013? If not, I'd consider trading him.

How much is Luebke, $1, $2? Either way, an obvious keep.

I'd probably keep Leake as the last keeper.

I imagine someone would be interested in Bourgeois, cheap steals are always nice, but I don't think he's worth keeping on your team.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Norris gets punted after this season due to the Stros to the AL.
          Bourgeois hasnt gotten a sniff.
          Luebke is 1.

any thoughts on keeping Heisey at a buck? I prefer to keep a hitter as the NL bats are pretty lacking this season.

Comment

I like Heisey, especially if he can win the job from Ludwick.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Why not Freese? There isn't a ton of profit at $12, but he's a solid contributor who could earn a few bucks above that.

Comment

I have thought about Freese. The thing is he is like glass.

Comment

I like Heisey for 1 probably the best. Minor more than Leake.

I don't mind Uggla at all either. You have profit with everyone else. Uggla is fair-value, but one of the top 2nd basemen in the NL. Depending on other team's keepers and potential inflation, Uggla for 26 might be nice. I never mind keeping a top slugger for fair value if I have profit elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Why not Freese? There isn't a ton of profit at $12, but he's a solid contributor who could earn a few bucks above that.
                    I agree. I would keep Freese. Yeah the is the injury risk is there, but so is the talent and upside. Plus you locking up a position that doesn't have much depth in the NL.

Comment

+1 on Freese at 12. I don't see better options, especially with Bourgeois and Heisey having pretty big PT questions.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The below would be my list- I have a similar dilemma with Norris, thought, and have yet to decide for sure with my own squad.

Mesoraco 1
                        Freese 12
                        Ramirez, H 18
                        Morrison 1
                        Cozart 3
                        Uggla 26
                        Cueto 9
                        Luebke q

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          10 team NL 5x5 categories are TB RBI R SB OBP and K/9 W S ERA WHIP....Went for a money spot last year and came up short. I am now left with the carnage. We can keep up to 8. The ones I think I am keeping are in bold

[B]Mesoraco 1***
                          Freese 12***
                          [B]Ramirez, H 18***
                          Morrison 1***
                          Cozart 3--------only due to AL switch next year, when he might be ready
                          Uggla 26----at value+
                          Blanks 2---nah
                          Heisey 1***
                          Scheirholtz 5---trade value?
                          Bourgeois 1 ---trade?
                          [B]Cueto 9 ***
                          Luebke q***
                          Norris 5----AL again
                          Leake 4 ----Trade?
                          Minor 5***
                          Volquez 4---I wory about control, even in a huge park
                          Wood 2---doesn't matter which one--nah!

give me your 8.
                          Here are my 8 [above]
                          Bearin' up!

Comment

thanks guys.

Scott. Cozart is on the reds not the Stros.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              thanks guys.

Scott. Cozart is on the reds not the Stros.....
                              He was probably was thinking of Jarred Cosart, the pitcher that the 'Stros got from the Phils in the Pence trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X