other 12-team mixed keeper options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other 12-team mixed keeper options

12-team mixed 5x5 using average. Due to some minor weirdness with the league structure, it is incredibly cheap to cut long-term contracts, so people are more free with them than they normally would be. I can keep five of these plus Stanton. Extensions are $5/year.

Salvador Perez $6
    Ryan Lavarnway $6
    Ian Kinsler $32
    Starlin Castro $9
    Alex Gordon $11
    Jhonny Peralta $6
    Jay Bruce $25
    BJ Upton $25
    Mike Stanton $13 (already under LTC for next year; should have been longer but I didn't understand the rules yet)
    Yonder Alonso $6
    Domonic Brown $6
    Stephen Strasburg $18
    Anibal Sanchez $12
    Jaime Garcia $10
    Ryan Vogelsong $6
    Kyle Farnsworth $9
    Ryan Madson $8
    Cory Luebke $6
    Manny Banuelos $2 (stays at 2 until he reaches the majors)

Closers tend to go in the $12-$15 range so I am inclined to keep Madson and probably Farnsworth... beyond that not sure. Peralta, Gordon, Strasburg or Luebke?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Interesting that closers go so high in your league...in my 12-team mixed only the top few will go in the mid-teens. But if you're keeping the 2 closers (same 2 I'm keeping btw, but at $5 and $1), I'd probably go with Castro, Gordon, and Luebke.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Even if closers are expensive I still wouldn't commit 2 of your 5 spots to them. Then again they might be your best options. I guess I'd keep Madson and add to:

Castro
      Strasburg
      Gordon
      ~~~
      pick 1 of:
      Luebke
      Farnsy

Comment

yeah, closers go for more than I thought they should in this league. This is only my second year, and the first auction prices were significantly higher than I had projected -- which is how I ended up with Farnsy and Madson, actually.

Maybe I'll see if I can trade one of them.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

better keeper: Starlin Castro at 9 or Mike Young at 16?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Castro and it's not close for me.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Castro and it's not close for me.
              Agreed.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Definitely Castro.

Comment

Unless I missed something there are the 6 I'd be deciding between

Ian Kinsler $32
                  Starlin Castro $9
                  Jay Bruce $25
                  Mike Stanton $13
                  Stephen Strasburg $18
                  Cory Luebke $6

I'd cut Bruce loose and try to get him back for about the same, maybe less.

Comment

Kinsler/Castro/Stanton/Strasburg/AGordon. I wouldn't waste a top five pick on a closer.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X