Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd NL Only trade

This ran in my league this morning

2 more years of Kershaw at $13 for free keepers in Mesoraco, Skaggs, and Arenado

Strong rookie love, no?

Strong love for rookies + undervalue pitching = strange trade.

Comment

Don't hate it, as long as the guy receiving the rookies has strong pitching. Mesoraco should be solid, and Arenado is touted as this season's Brett Lawrie. Now I doubt he'll be that good, but several seasons cheap production at Coors is mighty tempting.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Is it a 4x4 league? I don't love the trade, but it makes a little more sense in a 4x4 where starting pitching isn't nearly as overvalued. The deal may workout long-term for the rookie lover, but a couple of years ago, I traded Josh Vitters and Matt Dominguez for two years of Clayton Kershaw at $20 and have absolutely no complaints.

Comment

it's a 5x5 10 tm league

No strong pitching on team unless he wants to keep Carpenter/Greinke for a total of $56

Comment

odd, but any vetoers should have to put $$ in escrow to pay out to the rookie-lover in case he would have won the trade...
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As someone who has been known by some on here to chase / have a death grip on the top prospect, I get that perspective but agree this is just odd. I am nowhere near as bullish on Arenado as some are but Kershaw is (arguably) the best pitcher in the game on a great contract. Personally I have always found it better to deal for prospects during the year as the team getting Kershaw now lost one of his keeper slots that he could have filled and hence there is an additional opportunity cost to the deal.

Is this team throwing in the towel already? That is the only thing I can think to justify this kind of move but again I might have gone after different prospects fwiw.

Comment

The only way anyone would get Clayton Kershaw at $13 off me is to claw him out of my cold, dead fingers.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That's kerrrazy! Kershaw at $13 for two years... pretty sweet. Catchers get injured and usually don't hit their stride on offense until later in their careers. Arenado looks good, but not Kershaw good. It's what I could charitably call a "headscratcher" trade.

Comment

Maybe the original kershaw owner thought he had no chance for 2012..,.
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

That's absolutely ridiculous.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Seems especially bad for a ten team league.

Comment

Working...
                        X