2K12 Tommy Hanson's Revamped Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12 Tommy Hanson's Revamped Delivery

Atlanta Braves Blog, Talking Chop, pointed to a tweet from Ken Rosenthal.

<s>#</s>Braves excited by Hanson's revamped delivery. He's more compact, making better use of legs. Shoulder issue forced adjustments. <s>#</s>MLB
    This is good to know. Hopefully this will help him avoid future shoulder problems. He was showing all his potential in the first half of last season before the shoulder issue brought him back to earth.

Projections for him are pretty low so far. There was video of him last week throwing off the mound so things do seems to be progressing well. Maybe we have a buy low opportunity.

Plus he has a cool beard.

I have an option for one more year of Hanson at 15, so this news is key.
    If he has a strong spring, I'd likely exercise that option unless I think the market won't go higher (15-S2 buy better than a 15-O keep, if you like the player).
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm locked into him for $14 (it would cost me $10 auction money to cut him, so if he earns $4 he's worth it). In general, shoulders scare the crap out of me (see Harden, Josh Johnson, etc) so I'm not sure I'd be investing much money if I didn't have to.

My question is, will he be 100% at the start of the spring? I guess he needs some time to get used to the delivery. It was reported here that he won't have any limitations, so I'm optimistic:

Comment

Pitchers changing from an effective delivery because of physical problems scare the heck out of me.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Pitchers changing from an effective delivery because of physical problems scare the heck out of me.
          Put me in this camp. You start compensating for one thing, something else goes wrong.

Comment

I'm keeping him, hope he goes nuts in April and then move him for a boatload in May. I can't get anything for him right now but I'd like to at least try further down the road, if his arm doesn't fall off first.

Comment

Working...
            X