Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Can Boyd: I Pitched High on Coke

What a shame....

BOSTON (CBS) – Former Red Sox pitcher Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd admitted on Wednesday that two-thirds of the time he was on the mound, he was under the influence of cocaine.

“Oh yeah, at every ballpark. There wasn’t one ballpark that I probably didn’t stay up all night, until four or five in the morning, and the same thing is still in your system,” Boyd told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Jonny Miller in Fort Myers, Fla. “It’s not like you have time to go do it while in the game, which I had done that.

“Some of the best games I’ve ever, ever pitched in the major leagues I stayed up all night; I’d say two-thirds of them,” said Boyd, *who spent eight of his 10 major league seasons with the Red Sox. “If I had went to bed, I would have won 150 ballgames in the time span that I played. I feel like my career was cut short for a lot of reasons, but I wasn’t doing anything that hundreds of ball players weren’t doing at the time; because that’s how I learned it.”
    Former Red Sox pitcher Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd admitted on Wednesday that two thirds of the time he was on the mound, he was under the influence of cocaine.

Yeah, this does not surprise me at all with him. I remember when Butch Hobson got busted by the feds after he had a bunch of coke mailed to his house.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Not surprised either when I read this last night as I went to bed. He was always on the cusp of being really good and you knew something was holding him back.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
      X