Final keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final keeper help

14 team H2H 5x5 cats. Players can be kept forever with no salaries.
    Looking to keep one of these as my last keeper.

1. Dunn---who the hell knows if and how much he bounces back as I don't know any players who tanked as bad as he did.

2. S. Baker---Solid when healthy...always gets pegged as a breakout season coming.

3. K-Rod---Do the Brewers keep him all year? Will he actually be keep from being a distraction setting up? I thought a trade to the Angels could have happened.

4. M. Adams---Possible closer if Nathan struggles or gets hurt...I think the Rangers should have named him closer.

5. Venters---Unbelievable GB ratio...lots of K's and if Kimbrel were to get hurt...

6. Homer Bailey---Will he ever put it all together...looked great at times last year.

I'm looking to keep the one who has or will have the best value regardless of position/role. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Out of those, I'd keep Dunn because of the upside that he provides. Closers in waiting are a dime a dozen, and the guys you expect to tank are rarely the ones that do.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Dunn then Bailey. Both for upside.

Comment

Since there is no $$$ involved, Dunn to me is the pick.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I'll be a contrarian and say Baker. Dunn may bounce back, but I haven't heard a good excuse for why he sucked so bad last year, so I'm assuming it is a real skills erosion until I see evidence that it was not. If Baker's arm issues didn't flair up again last year, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He looked great last year, and he has the skills to be a legit #2.

Comment

Baker, then Dunn. I say this because I already drafted Dunn in one league and don't want anyone to experience the pain I anticipate having.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

I also agree with Baker
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Dunn.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X