Guthrie to the Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guthrie to the Rockies

If true for Lindstrom and Hammel. Seems fair to both teams and the salaries should be a wash or close to it after Guthries arbitration hearing.

I had a feeling the O's would be desperate to move him based on what he is about to get in arbitration.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

according to Twitter, Guthrie is going to settle instead of going to arbitration. Lindstrom is a nice addition to the O's bullpen and I think in a vacuum I like Hammel's skills more than Guthrie.

Comment

Guthrie is the best pitcher in the deal. I'm disappointed that the Orioles couldn't get at least an interesting prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          in a vacuum I like Hammel's skills more than Guthrie.
          Good choice of words, just like a vacuum----the O's will suck!
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Via Tweet from Buster...interesting.
            In the end, Guthrie will make less ($8.2 million) than Hammel and Lindstrom combined (about $8.5m). So the O's aren't saving $ with this.

Closer?
            Duquette says he's encouraged by Lindstrom's capability to convert on saves.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
              Via Tweet from Buster...interesting.
              In the end, Guthrie will make less ($8.2 million) than Hammel and Lindstrom combined (about $8.5m). So the O's aren't saving $ with this.

Closer?
              Duquette says he's encouraged by Lindstrom's capability to convert on saves.
              Um, his math skills suck, they are saving money, they are getting two pitchers. Plus Guthrie could have made more if he won his arbitration hearing.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I think in a vacuum I like Hammel's skills more than Guthrie.
                at age 30, hammel's skills haven't translated to much in colorado. i like the starting pitcher swap. i'm sorry to see lindstrom go.
                ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Hammel's road numbers the last three years (while with Colorado) were actually pretty decent. His 2010 road ERA was horrible, but given the other numbers it looks like a little luck could have switched that around significantly (and his manager left him to die in one game @ATL - 7 ER in 1.2 IP)

Now I'm not saying Hammel will be good in Baltimore - I know nothing about him. But I wouldn't be surprised if his road numbers were a factor for Baltimore.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

So, I take it by the abiding love for Hammel here, that if I can claim one of them in my AL league as compensation for losing Guthrie, I should go after Lindstrom and I might get a closer.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      So, I take it by the abiding love for Hammel here, that if I can claim one of them in my AL league as compensation for losing Guthrie, I should go after Lindstrom and I might get a closer.
                      I think Jim Johnson will keep the job but Lindstrom is a better pitcher than Hammel.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        I think Jim Johnson will keep the job but Lindstrom is a better pitcher than Hammel.
                        I wouldn't be too sure about that, looks like it's all up in the air now.

“I like a power arm at the end of the game, and we have a couple for Buck (Showalter) in Jim Johnson and Matt Lindstrom," executive VP Jim Duquette said. "I like the manager having that strength in the bullpen, so if we have a lead we can lock down the lead late in the game. I am encouraged by adding Matt Lindstrom because of his capabilities to convert on saves. He has the experience as both a closing pitcher, getting the last three outs, and also as a setup man pitching the seventh and eighth inning and I just think that strengthens our ballclub.
                        CBSSports.com features live scoring and news for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football. CBSSports.com is also your source for fantasy sports news
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          I wouldn't be too sure about that, looks like it's all up in the air now.

http://rjel.baseball.cbssports.com/p...yerpage/533054
                          I don't think that really means much at this point. Sure he is capable and it's possible he takes the job, but for now I still think it's Johnson's to lose.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            I don't think that really means much at this point. Sure he is capable and it's possible he takes the job, but for now I still think it's Johnson's to lose.
                            Well, even for a 25% chance at being the closer, it's worth the risk for me.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Well, even for a 25% chance at being the closer, it's worth the risk for me.
                              Agreed, the saves speculation is worth more than Guthrie/Hammel.

Comment

Working...
                              X