Mike Montgomery KC SP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Montgomery KC SP question

What is the chance Montomery will start the year in KC rotation?

I don't see it. I still like Montgomery as a prospect but by anyone's account he was BAD last year and needs to prove he's grown from the experience and his command is back to form. I'd expect him to be up at some point in 2012 but to me he still has to prove he can survive the PCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      I don't see it. I still like Montgomery as a prospect but by anyone's account he was BAD last year and needs to prove he's grown from the experience and his command is back to form. I'd expect him to be up at some point in 2012 but to me he still has to prove he can survive the PCL.
      Agree - he was beaten up early, and then seemed to have a pretty decent recovery. But I see him as a mid/late-season startup or injury replacement for KC.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Another factor is the roster---he's not yet on the 40 man, they would have to open a spot for him.
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          Another factor is the roster---he's not yet on the 40 man, they would have to open a spot for him.
          Wow...he's been with the Royals four years. He must have signed while in high school, otherwise, I think he'd have been eligible for the Rule 5 draft.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X