Edwin Jackson to the Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Jackson to the Nationals

I didn't see a thread about this signing so I am starting one.

Just got home and turned on the MLB Network and Clubhouse Confidential is talking about it.

I love the signing for the Nats!!!

He can slot in as the 4-5 with Lannan, and I think that makes their 4-5 combo one of the games best back end of a rotation tandems.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

1 yr deal so they can trade him if it doesn't work out

Comment

I love with this one, from a fantasy perspective. Still short of 30. Still cranking 6+ K/9 and a K/BB> 2. Put him in a decent pitching situation for a change, and take off the pressure. Strass, Zimm, Gio, and EJ will be a vicious rotation. Jackson has been undervalued for a while, but now he is designated the SP4. He will come cheap.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
        He can slot in as the 4-5 with Lannan
        They also have Wang, and in fact might be trying to trade Lannan.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          They also have Wang, and in fact might be trying to trade Lannan.
          Yeah I've heard that rumor about Lannan, but I just don't buy it. I think having depth at starter (more than 5) is very important in this day and age. Lannan is much , much more reliable than Wang. Half of the 6 have some injury flags.

I really like the Nats this year!!!
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
            Yeah I've heard that rumor about Lannan, but I just don't buy it. I think having depth at starter (more than 5) is very important in this day and age. Lannan is much , much more reliable than Wang. Half of the 6 have some injury flags.

I really like the Nats this year!!!
            Injury flag is one thing Jackson does not have. The guys is an IP machine.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Given his durability, I'm shocked EJax couldn't find a two year deal somewhere.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He and Boras wanted 3-5. When they couldn't get it, they opted for 1 so they could go back on the market next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  He and Boras wanted 3-5. When they couldn't get it, they opted for 1 so they could go back on the market next year.
                  And $15 or $16 million per year on those desired 5 years.

Borass may have suckered the tigers into 9 years/$215 million, but jackson, madson (where's that 4 year/$44 million?), pena all get just 1 year at under suggested market value.

Considering the 1 year deals plus fielder, is this a winning off-season for borass?

Comment

Considering the scarcity of quality free agent pitchers available this year, a one year deal for Jackson doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense from his perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                      madson (where's that 4 year/$44 million?)
                      The best I can tell, that went down like this:

Boras to Amaro: We'll take 4 years, $44 million.

Amaro to Boras: No.

Boras to media: We are close to a deal with the Phillies for 4 years, $44 million.

Amaro to Boras: No we're not.

Dave Montgomery to Boras: Go pound sand, and take JD Drew with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X