Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotchman to the Indians

1 yr/3M per Hoynes

That helps the infield defense for their mostly groundball staff. 3 of their 5 pitchers are heavy GB types

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    1 yr/3M per Hoynes

That helps the infield defense for their mostly groundball staff. 3 of their 5 pitchers are heavy GB types
    For a buck you could do worse. If I can land a couple mashers elsewhere I could see Kotchman's .300 avg helping out.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Kotchman isn't hitting .300 in 2012. He had 22 infield hits last season and is arguably the slowest non-catcher in baseball. You can't replicate that kind of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Kotchman isn't hitting .300 in 2012. He had 22 infield hits last season and is arguably the slowest non-catcher in baseball. You can't replicate that kind of luck.
        Ok, so maybe he regresses to 0.220 like he hit in '09 and '10. Oh, wait...
        Last edited by virgonomic; 02-03-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Ok, so maybe he regresses to 0.220 like he hit in 2009 and 10. Oh, wait...
          Your sarcasm would have made sense if Kotchman had hit anywhere close to .300 either of those two seasons. But he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
            Your sarcasm would have made sense if Kotchman had hit anywhere close to .300 either of those two seasons. But he didn't.
            Which is why I stated that he hit .220 in '09 and '10. And that would not help my team. See what I did there?

Comment

Russ Canzler, we hardly knew ye...
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
              X