"New" CBS Commissioner experts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
    The asterisk I mentioned above. All players default to three years from the current year, i.e. this year every player drafted will automatically get a ('13) contract. ('11)'s were in their option year this year, if his owner wanted to extend him for two years, that player now has a *('13) contract. The only changes I ever have to make are the few extensions each season, what's that, maybe 10-15 players max? I think I had about 8 this year. Far less than 80.
    In reality the only contracts I have to change are the extensions as well since the website will roll the rosters over for me. I believe these are the contracts that were used from the beginning, so we've used these.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'm sure that it's in here somewhere, but I'm lazy...where do I find the last roster of a team from the 2010 season? I have to check some players and prices, and I'll be damned if I can find it...used to be easy, but I used to be smarter too.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'm sure that it's in here somewhere, but I'm lazy...where do I find the last roster of a team from the 2010 season? I have to check some players and prices, and I'll be damned if I can find it...used to be easy, but I used to be smarter too.
        On the Team Roster page, click on the link "Year" just above all of the players.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
          On the Team Roster page, click on the link "Year" just above all of the players.
          Cool...thank you.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by SenorSmoke View Post
            When I run Team Totals > Projections > Standard (or Team Totals > Projections > Scoring) I get a nice report that is presumably sorted in order of projected final standings (although I have not verified) but I'm not seeing an easy list of total projected points in each category without having to manually calculate.

Am I still missing something or is that as far as the report will take you?
            That's it, I think. You need to figure out the standings then based on the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
              That's it, I think. You need to figure out the standings then based on the stats.
              Yep, unless I'm missing an option it looks like you need to manually calculate point totals for each category in order to arrive a projected final standings. Seems odd they don't have this available as the data is all there and it seems like it would be a very popular feature.

As an aside, I sent a league-wide email announcing that TEAM A IS OUR PROJECTED WINNER! By the end of the day I realized my error and had to send out another message stating TEAM A was NOT projected to win the league but rather to finish dead last by an 11 point margin. Ouch!

Comment

Anybody find where you start FAAB now? (as commish).

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                  Anybody find where you start FAAB now? (as commish).
                  Commish Tools/In-Season Rosters/Add or Drop a Player

It will say when you want to start the FAAB run.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Commish Tools/In-Season Rosters/Add or Drop a Player

It will say when you want to start the FAAB run.
                    Thank you.

Comment

• Wells hasn't been placed on the DL by the Cubs according to MLB.com. There's an article on the Cubs team page that states they won't need another pitcher until Sunday so they might be taking their time making the actual transaction. CBS won't update the status of the player until the MLB team officially makes the move, so even if the team announces that the guy is injured and will go on the DL you'll have to wait for them to make the transaction.

FWIW, I've noticed several players this season get updated the same day the MLB team makes the transaction even though in the past it seemed like you had to wait a day or two before CBS caught up to reality. Hopefully they can keep up to date with their timely transactions for the rest of the season.

ETA: The post I was responding to is gone now, but someone was complaining that CBS hadn't updated Randy Wells to injured even though the Cubs announced yesterday that he'd be going on the DL.
                      Last edited by no driver; 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM.
                      18 team mixed 4x4 draft league. Champion in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by no driver View Post
                        Wells hasn't been placed on the DL by the Cubs according to MLB.com. There's an article on the Cubs team page that states they won't need another pitcher until Sunday so they might be taking their time making the actual transaction. CBS won't update the status of the player until the MLB team officially makes the move, so even if the team announces that the guy is injured and will go on the DL you'll have to wait for them to make the transaction.

FWIW, I've noticed several players this season get updated the same day the MLB team makes the transaction even though in the past it seemed like you had to wait a day or two before CBS caught up to reality. Hopefully they can keep up to date with their timely transactions for the rest of the season.

ETA: The post I was responding to is gone now, but someone was complaining that CBS hadn't updated Randy Wells to injured even though the Cubs announced yesterday that he'd be going on the DL.
                        It was revo but you put shamed him.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          It was revo but you put shamed him.
                          Yeah, I checked after I posted it. CBS has it's little 'news box' saying Wells WAS placed on the 15-day DL, but upon checking MLB.com, the CUbs haven't made the move yet.

Comment

• It happens to my owners all the time, so I'm used to explaining it by now...

Comment

• FWIW, Cubs put Wells on the DL today. CBS isn't showing him on the DL at the moment but I'll keep an eye on it to see how long it takes.

Comment

• CBS has him listed as injured now. Looks like they are getting better at keeping up with transactions.

Comment

Working...
                                X