"New" CBS Commissioner experts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    It seems nothing has changed. This is the cbs company line for "we don't give a sh1t about your needs and we shall never get to it"

Ask again next spring and I bet even money you'll get the same exact answer...
    And for some reason you ignore the fact that the same guy had an answer to to a different problem.

Customer 02/15/2011 10:51 AM
    It appears that I can Add/Drop players to and from my own team from my team page by clicking the Add/Drop tab at the top of the page.

However, when I am on other teams in the league, when I click on that same tab, it takes me back to my own team.

As commissioner, should I be able to do add/drops from any team page? Right now, the only way to do it is to go to "Commissioners Tools > Tools>In Season Rosters>Add/Drop a Player". That seems to be a long path to do something that will be done on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your help.

Response (Jonah J) 02/15/2011 11:09 AM
    Unfortunately, the only way to make Add/Drops for another team is by going to Commish Tools - Tools - In-season Rosters - then click the Add/Drop a Player link. However, when the season starts the Commish Tools page will default to the In-season roster tab so it will be one less click.

Fantasy Support
    And whenever I've contacted them, they've gotten back to me in an hour or less, with a satisfactory answer. And as Hammer has pointed out, they also have a phone help desk where there's an actually person that knows what's up, answering the phone. Complain all you want about the new look, but don't say that they're not responsive to the things that they can control...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

When they are 'sending' your issue to the appropriate department, they are not fixing the problem. This is my experience and reference...

Comment

When they are 'sending' your issue to the appropriate department, they are not fixing the problem. This is my experience and reference...
        Again, what do you expect them to do? Redesign the entire system to accommodate your particular needs? Sorry, it's about making the product as good as they can, for as many people as they can. It's simply business.

And the fact that they actually seem to CARE about what the customer issue may be, and TRY do do something about it if they can, is a huge bonus that most corporations simply no longer provide.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Again, what do you expect them to do? Redesign the entire system to accommodate your particular needs? Sorry, it's about making the product as good as they can, for as many people as they can. It's simply business.

And the fact that they actually seem to CARE about what the customer issue may be, and TRY do do something about it if they can, is a huge bonus that most corporations simply no longer provide.
          Who is asking for a REDESIGN? How about using the staffer who is being paid a salary to work on the dynamics of a league. What, exactly, is so hard to change?

Looking at the big picture, are you telling me that after all the complaints from just rotojunkies that cbs can't implement a BETTER faab system. It has been well written out exactly what is needed. If tq had faab 15 years ago when wide spread net use was in its infancy, cbs can't do it now? And this is one of the big, if not the biggest, issues...not for a single or two leagues but for MANY leagues.

And what about the little things? You have thousands of leagues, you're making dough. You're making dough, look after the customer. It is simple, no?

Comment

Who is asking for a REDESIGN? How about using the staffer who is being paid a salary to work on the dynamics of a league. What, exactly, is so hard to change?

And what about the little things? You have thousands of leagues, you're making dough. You're making dough, look after the customer. It is simple, no?
            yes and no. This is by no means of a defense but hopefully and explanation of why things seem to take so long or in some cases are never fixed.
            1- Are enough people asking for it?
            2- Will it affect other things on the application
            3- Is the effort (man power, plus expenses to fix it) worth it?
            4- Is this an issue or is it a 'nice to have'?

I would imagine if enough people thought it wa a deal breaker and CBS was losing revenue, they would move quicker on the issues you and others deem important. They sure do work quick on things like Live Scoring being down. Sure it sucks when every need or desire isnt met. I guess CBS counts the cost.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

CBS probably gets a ton of feedback from its users and while I know a majority of users here would want something like FAAB contigency bidding, its probably a tiny percentage of their users who actually want it.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Looking at the big picture, are you telling me that after all the complaints from just rotojunkies that cbs can't implement a BETTER faab system. It has been well written out exactly what is needed. If tq had faab 15 years ago when wide spread net use was in its infancy, cbs can't do it now? And this is one of the big, if not the biggest, issues...not for a single or two leagues but for MANY leagues.

Again, like Pete and I already said...it's a business. And their product is already the best out there, and they continue to improve it. But, the simple fact is that they have to appeal to the largest number of customers, not the one , two, or twenty who want things changed to suit them. And apparently, they don't get enough complaints to make it worthwhile to change the FAAB system. If this place is any indication, there are probably 5 people who have publicly complained about it...in other words, a small fraction.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Again, like Pete and I already said...it's a business. And their product is already the best out there, and they continue to improve it. But, the simple fact is that they have to appeal to the largest number of customers, not the one , two, or twenty who want things changed to suit them. And apparently, they don't get enough complaints to make it worthwhile to change the FAAB system. If this place is any indication, there are probably 5 people who have publicly complained about it...in other words, a small fraction.
                  It's the shiniest, fanciest toy out there but not the best. It's functionality is limited. Not only is the FAAB system limited it doesn't even have a waiver claim system to be called limited. I'm sorry but an asterisk next to a recently dropped player is NOT a waiver system. When you have leagues that treat these player differently then you just can't use their site unless you want to do all free agent claims off site and have someone implement them manually. No thank you. I have a site that does all of this for me, and it's cheaper.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    It's the shiniest, fanciest toy out there but not the best. It's functionality is limited. Not only is the FAAB system limited it doesn't even have a waiver claim system to be called limited. I'm sorry but an asterisk next to a recently dropped player is NOT a waiver system. When you have leagues that treat these player differently then you just can't use their site unless you want to do all free agent claims off site and have someone implement them manually. No thank you. I have a site that does all of this for me, and it's cheaper.
                    Then you should go with the one that works best for you. Perhaps Horns should have said 'the most popular' instead of the best.

Comment

I certainly agree with your assessment of their business decisions. This is a practical position on the way products get to consumers, and I have no beef with it.

However, just because it is "good business" doesn't mean it's a good product. For example, what service McDonald's provides is assuredly "good business," but would call theirs a "good" product? If heart disease, obesity, and diabetes rates are any indication, the answer is probably no. A better product is likely cooked up on your own grill at home, for a considerably higher price, but all-in-all, a better product.

Just because I am resigned to using CBS, and am making the best of it, I cannot proclaim it to be a good product. The best product available? Possibly, but even that's arguable. Just because McDonald's is the only restaurant in your town, doesn't make its food any better.

Comment

Yeah, I like the shiny toys that they offer. Love the real time scoring, love the fact that they're going to offer EVERY game's radio broadcast, and also video highlights. I also love the auction room, the functionality, and the fact that they have at least 2 different ways to get customer support, and they're both staffed and responsive.

The fact that they have a FAAB system that maybe 10% of the players out there don't like to the point of trying not to use it is of little consequence to me, and I suspect them. I spend roughly 10 minutes a week on the FAAB bidding, and in my 4 years as commissioner, I've had one problem, and that was with our own rules. But to each their own...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Then you should go with the one that works best for you. Perhaps Horns should have said 'the most popular' instead of the best.
                          Yes, and I do. I love OnRoto. They don't have a phone number to call but when I email them, I always get a response in about an hour and get this, it's from the site developers. If something isn't working they will always tweak the site to fit my needs. I don't get an form response saying they will forward it to their programmers and then never hear from them.

I also get live stats, it's not as pretty as CBS's which I really like but it's there.

My league does FAAB three days a week and waivers for all players dropped during the week on Mondays. It would never work on CBS.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yes, and I do. I love OnRoto. They don't have a phone number to call but when I email them, I always get a response in about an hour and get this, it's from the site developers. If something isn't working they will always tweak the site to fit my needs. I don't get an form response saying they will forward it to their programmers and then never hear from them.

I also get live stats, it's not as pretty as CBS's which I really like but it's there.

My league does FAAB three days a week and waivers for all players dropped during the week on Mondays. It would never work on CBS.
                            I dont know if it would work or not but I would think your type of FAAB is used by 1% of fantasy leaguers. It would be great if they could handle everyone's specialty-type leagues but I dont think its realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I dont know if it would work or not but I would think your type of FAAB is used by 1% of fantasy leaguers. It would be great if they could handle everyone's specialty-type leagues but I dont think its realistic.
                              I realize the 3 days a week aspect is very very specific. But what I'm really getting at is the lack of contingency bidding and so forth that is limited with CBS. As it is, I still have owners who try to do things in the OnRoto system that it can't do. I can't imagine the amount of emails I would get if we used CBS. So we don't use it, not a big deal, I just don't think it's the best out there. I agree with you, it's the most popular.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Does Yahoo or MLB.com commisioner services allow for these specific type functionalities? Ive only used free Yahoo but neither site's pay services. I am just wondering if some of the bigger companies allow for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X