"New" CBS Commissioner experts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    That was a great feature at tqstats and something I miss. Another is the log in time stamp, lets you know who is rummaging around the site.
    In the live stats area, you can click on a link to see who's online and send them a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
      OnRoto has that... [hidesfromeldiablo]
      As it stands, all my leagues are on CBS and that works for me. I'd prefer the TQ/OnRoto approach to the service myself, but CBS does its job far better than it used to in the old TQ vs CBS Debate days. Although it may not be so for ElD, that debate is dead for me. TQ died and CBS actually did improve, closing the gap, and in the TQ-less years, I just got used to CBS.

If all my leagues suddenly switched to OnRoto, I'd be pleased in all ways but one: the CBS news updates are laughably, horrendously stupid and if I had the ability to plant purposely false and misleading news on the site to sandbag my opponents who read it, I don't think I could do better than what they offer free of my effort. I doubt anyone in the RJEL pays much attention to it, but I know there are a few people in all my other leagues that use CBS as their primary source for information and updates. I would miss that.

Comment

• You can do this, no? Go to your team page, click the "switch team" below your team name, and select "All Teams." If you want it in a spreadsheet, click on "spreadsheet right above the player stats. Is that what you want?

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        I'd like CBS to provide a printable sheet with all rosters with salaries on one page. The roster grid almost does this, but alas, no salaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          As it stands, all my leagues are on CBS and that works for me. I'd prefer the TQ/OnRoto approach to the service myself, but CBS does its job far better than it used to in the old TQ vs CBS Debate days. Although it may not be so for ElD, that debate is dead for me. TQ died and CBS actually did improve, closing the gap, and in the TQ-less years, I just got used to CBS.

If all my leagues suddenly switched to OnRoto, I'd be pleased in all ways but one: the CBS news updates are laughably, horrendously stupid and if I had the ability to plant purposely false and misleading news on the site to sandbag my opponents who read it, I don't think I could do better than what they offer free of my effort. I doubt anyone in the RJEL pays much attention to it, but I know there are a few people in all my other leagues that use CBS as their primary source for information and updates. I would miss that.
          +1

Lol... I miss the John Hunt Sizzlers/Fizzlers... we had a few guys who were Hunt-ian disciples and you could set your watch by the trade offers once the column came out
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post

I think the CBS fantasy stories have improved greatly over the years. Adding Al Melchoir has been a big plus for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I think the CBS fantasy stories have improved greatly over the years. Adding Al Melchoir has been a big plus for them.
              I wish I had cut and pasted all the updates they had on Josh Johnson last year. If you were to read CBS only, you'd have thought he was due back any minute. Every other site had him out indefinitely and BEWARE. The reason I remember so clearly is that I dealt for him just after he was injured. Some owners screamed about the deal (I gave $3 Wainwright and my #1 and #3 pick, and got Johnson and an expiring Jay Bruce) claiming I got too much, and I defended the trade by saying that the deal was possibly lopsided the other way because Johnson was out and they kept quoting CBS updates to support their argument. Pissed me off immensely. And, of course, the trade that caused such an incredible uproar was ultimately proven to be no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Unfortunately that falls on the commish, who should have let everyone know they needed to check off their keepers by the Keeper deadline date. I had that happen one year a few years back and now make 100% certain I send out at least two notices to everyone to make sure they check them off. Even that doesn't work (every league has its bozos) but I checked every team and checked off the players for them.
                I did, but they don't read their emails very well. Suppose I should'be repeated it 5 or:angel::angel: 6 times. A couple of them were pissed thinking I cleared their roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC... View Post
                  I did, but they don't read their emails very well. Suppose I should'be repeated it 5 or:angel::angel: 6 times. A couple of them were pissed thinking I cleared their roster.
                  That sucks, sorry bro. The best part should be you telling them you warned them, and that you have to assume they just wanted to dump all their players. Make 'em sweat.

Comment

• Where is the form to check off keepers on CBS? I have to do my prelim keeper list for MSGL but I don't see any place to check off keepers.
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Where is the form to check off keepers on CBS? I have to do my prelim keeper list for MSGL but I don't see any place to check off keepers.
                      Should be right on your roster page. If it's not, then maybe your commish hasn't set it up correctly.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Should be right on your roster page. If it's not, then maybe your commish hasn't set it up correctly.
                        The Commish is kind of a slacker, I guess...won't mention any names cough, cough FRAE cough, cough...

Comment

The Commish is kind of a slacker, I guess...won't mention any names cough, cough FRAE cough, cough...

The commish needs to set a keeper deadline date. Once set, you'll see check boxes on your team page.

Comment

• had a conversation with CBS via Twitter regarding the bookmark bar icons.....they did confirm that the bookmark bar icon was "broken" with the launch of the new baseball product and said they would have their developers look into it.

Comment

• one thing I dislike about their system is that they consider CI or MI real "positions". For example, my league has a 15 game eligibility last year to qualify for a position. Michael Young had 14 at 2B and 1 at SS, so he doesn't qualify at either spot, yet CBS thinks he's eligible at MI because he has a combined 15 games there.

Comment

• I think it's that time of year again - time to inundate the morons at CBS with our simple development requests. Personally, I just politely bitched about not being able to do automatic Vickery bids and the fact that daily lineups lock upon the start of the first game of the day instead of by individual game start times.

And I quote: "I know you have gotten these requests for years...perhaps this will be the year the CBS finally listens to the requests of its paying users."

I feel like Andy Dufresne writing the governor for a prison library. One year this will work, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X