Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pineda trade now makes sense - Ollie in Seattle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pineda trade now makes sense - Ollie in Seattle!

Oliver Perez signs with Seattle, per MLB - link

WOOOT
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

In other "seriously?" news, Jamie Moyer signs with Rockies.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I am so confused by what the Rockies are doing this winter. All they've done is sign a bunch of flyball pitchers! I wonder if they're secretly working on the humidor's capacity to deaden balls.

Comment

Perez won't make it out of Spring Taining with the M's. But if he does, I am totally going to buy a jersey for humor's sake (and as the clothing I want to wear at my funeral).

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          In other "seriously?" news, Jamie Moyer signs with Rockies.
          Maybe he is being signed to help coach the minor league American pitchers. They have been successful with the Latin guys, but not the American guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
            I am so confused by what the Rockies are doing this winter. All they've done is sign a bunch of flyball pitchers! I wonder if they're secretly working on the humidor's capacity to deaden balls.
            Maybe they are moving the fences back to 500 feet.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Perez won't make it out of Spring Taining with the M's. But if he does, I am totally going to buy a jersey for humor's sake (and as the clothing I want to wear at my funeral).
              Did you even read the article? Winterball - 19 strikeouts in 14 1/3 innings, he's back!
              And still just 30 years old. I open the bidding at $10!
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Maybe they're going the other way with it. If the ball reaches escape velocity can it still be called a home run?

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  Maybe they're going the other way with it. If the ball reaches escape velocity can it still be called a home run?
                  That depends on whether it re-enters the atmosphere, and if it does, where it lands, fair or foul.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

update - here's Bodhizefa's take on him (must have gotten too excited and mixed up Seattle with New York):

"Oliver Perez (5.10) – This is a total gut call, but I LOVE him in New York. Something about him has always screamed prima donna to me, and I can totally see him eating up the New York spotlight and the crowd becoming enamored with his strikeouts. He may never see 2004-level success again, but with a good defense and a raucous crowd behind him, I think Perez has some serious play left in him."

Comment

update - here's Bodhizefa's take on him (must have gotten too excited and mixed up Seattle with New York):

"Oliver Perez (5.10) – This is a total gut call, but I LOVE him in New York. Something about him has always screamed prima donna to me, and I can totally see him eating up the New York spotlight and the crowd becoming enamored with his strikeouts. He may never see 2004-level success again, but with a good defense and a raucous crowd behind him, I think Perez has some serious play left in him."
                      You sure that wasn't from 2006 when he went from the Pirates to the Mets?
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'm pretty sure Peter wrote that back in the day.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

"Oliver Perez (5.10) – This is a total gut call, but I LOVE him in Seattle. Something about him has always screamed 'needs an extreme pitchers park' to me, and I can totally see him eating up (whatever people eat in Seattle) and the crowd becoming sickened by his walks. He may never see 2004-level success again, ever. I think Perez has some serious play left in him - for the ball boy."
                          fixed
                          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            fixed
                            Love it! lol

Comment

I honestly remember hearing rumors that the Mariners might be interested in dealing for Oliver Perez after the 2004 season (this is during Bavasi's reign, of course). I also remember thinking that, while Felix Hernandez was a great prospect, I would have dealt him for Oliver Perez at the time just because Oliver Perez was already so good.

Oh to be young and stupid. (Now I'm just stupid, so at least I've got that going for me )

Comment

Working...
                              X