Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Assumed name

Per MLBTR:

Police in the Dominican Republic say Fausto Carmona's real name is Roberto Hernandez Heredia, Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes tweets. Dionisio Soldevila of the AP tweets that Carmona is 31, not 28 and Jorge Arangure Jr. of ESPN.com tweets that the right-hander's chances of obtaining a visa quickly don't seem good. Yancen Pujols first tweeted news of the identity issues.
    If they are doing more investigating, you have to wonder how many others....
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Next you'll tell me that Grinch isn't even green, or that El Diablo isn't red!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Indians picking up Carmona's $7 Mil option already looked like a joke. Looks even worse when you find out he's 31 years old.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

It seems if the Indians could void the deal if the other party was lying with a fake name and age.

Comment

Per Rotoworld:
          Appearing on Outside the Lines, ESPN's Pedro Gomez reports that Fausto Carmona was outed several weeks ago on a popular radio show in Santo Domingo by the mother of the real Fausto Carmona.
          According to the report, Carmona (aka Roberto Hernandez Heredia) had been paying the family of the real Carmona for the use of his identification and refused to increase payments after the Indians picked up his $7 million club option. The U.S. government subsequently began an investigation following the interview and arrested Heredia when he went to apply for his work visa earlier this week. The Indians have refused comment on the situation, saying only that they are in the process of "still gathering information." On Friday, the club acquired Kevin Slowey from the Rockies as insurance for their starting rotatio

Comment

IF he had been traded to another team in the offseason, would he be now known as the Player to Be named Later?
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              IF he had been traded to another team in the offseason, would he be now known as the Player to Be named Later?
              Probably not. He has enough names already. And I'm sure Indians fans have some additional, colorful names for him right now.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                Probably not. He has enough names already. And I'm sure Indians fans have some additional, colorful names for him right now.
                How about Fraudo?

Comment

Working...
                X