No announcement yet.

Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I figured it out, at least for us IE6 users ... the problem is that the Domain Redirector is not sending the privacy statement of the site with the header. It means that IE 6 does *NOT* see any Privacy Statement for the Cookies.

In order for IE 6 to see a privacy statement to know if it should ACCEPT or REFUSE the cookies, the privacy control must be send in the HEADER as a CONDENSED PRIVACY.

WORKAROUND

- Click on the "Privacy Report" on the Status Bar (or do "View" - "Privacy Report...").
    - Locate the "Blocked" cookie from an entry starting with http://www.rjbullpen.com
    - Double-Click on the Entry
    - Click on "Always allow this site to use cookies."
    - Reload the page (you might have to close the browser window and reopen it)

This now works for me.

BTW, I got this from another board posting from 2002 (!), by a user named ... wait for it ... Moonlight!!! Link here
    Last edited by TranaGreg; 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I would like to see a NL only forum and AL only forum

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Good idea. Vintage Drafts should also have their own forum and not be buried under mock drafts, considering they populate about 99% of the posts on this site.
        Vintage drafts I bumped up but I am not a fan of NL and AL only threads because that means mixed league people have to look in 2 (or 3 ) different places for news and mixed leagues still remain the most popular league format

Comment

It works fine in Chrome but I get the not-retaining-logged-in thing on my work pc which runs IE8.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Vintage drafts I bumped up but I am not a fan of NL and AL only threads because that means mixed league people have to look in 2 (or 3 ) different places for news and mixed leagues still remain the most popular league format
            Exactly my first thought about AL and NL. I hate when sites overdo the forum breakdown, like team specific. I like to read about all teams and their players, but I'm not looking in 30 different forums every day.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
              It works fine in Chrome but I get the not-retaining-logged-in thing on my work pc which runs IE8.
              Well, IE sucks

The only setting I see is something that disables compatibility mode but I have not touched that setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                stop getting in on my racket Horns.....

I was kidding Sharky
                Your racket?? My how you have forgotten

Comment

It just really sucks that all our old threads will probably be lost. I just don't get that, as it's all our content, we created it, and it has no value to anyone else. It's not only a record of our history and existence, but there was a lot of valuable stuff over there that serves as the foundation and example of what we are. Sure we can build this up, but over here we look like a bunch of newbies, literally, trying to do something "new" even though it's already been done. Our history was our credibility.

You're new around here and you have dump trade problems? Here's a link to some threads where we've tackled that topic, with probably more ideas and better explanations for how and why they worked than anywhere else on the internet. You just had an awful date and are looking for someone to commiserate with? You ain't heard nothing yet. Looking for some new recipes? Got that covered. And then just all the classic threads that either never die or that get referenced and need to be bumped periodically to either refresh our memories or let a newer member in on the joke. How are we going to explain a "jink" or the difference between veto and impeach?

I feel like our home was destroyed in a fire and all our sentimental photos went with it.
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                    It just really sucks that all our old threads will probably be lost. I just don't get that, as it's all our content, we created it, and it has no value to anyone else. It's not only a record of our history and existence, but there was a lot of valuable stuff over there that serves as the foundation and example of what we are. Sure we can build this up, but over here we look like a bunch of newbies, literally, trying to do something "new" even though it's already been done. Our history was our credibility.

You're new around here and you have dump trade problems? Here's a link to some threads where we've tackled that topic, with probably more ideas and better explanations for how and why they worked than anywhere else on the internet. You just had an awful date and are looking for someone to commiserate with? You ain't heard nothing yet. Looking for some new recipes? Got that covered. And then just all the classic threads that either never die or that get referenced and need to be bumped periodically to either refresh our memories or let a newer member in on the joke. How are we going to explain a "jink" or the difference between veto and impeach?

I feel like our home was destroyed in a fire and all our sentimental photos went with it.
                    Good post. I agree.

I am not sure why a company that is shutting down would have a problem with giving us access to to content.

Makes me want to make sure I never do business with them again.

Comment

Theyre shutting down so you wont have to worry about doing business with them.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Ha, I mean when they come back as something else. Or any other products that they may have to offer...forever.

Comment

Where are they located? Maybe some Chicago guys should negotiate with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Good post. I agree.

I am not sure why a company that is shutting down would have a problem with giving us access to to content.

Makes me want to make sure I never do business with them again.
                            To be fair, most of the uncertainty of the content is tied to the fact I can't get a hold of anyone to chat with me. I had one convo 2 wks ago with a tech guy that painted a grim picture so that's where we stand right now.

Chuck's analogy is spot on as it is exactly how I feel because that content is a body of work for all of us to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              To be fair, most of the uncertainty of the content is tied to the fact I can't get a hold of anyone to chat with me. I had one convo 2 wks ago with a tech guy that painted a grim picture so that's where we stand right now.
                              Perhaps you've already tried this but have you gently emailed the tech guy asking for a quick backup of the MySQL database?

Hi Friendly Tech Guy,

I'm wondering if you can send me an export or a recent backup of the Rotojunkie MySQL database? I know there's a lot of uncertainty right now but it would be really nice to have a backup of the database in its current state so we don't lose all of our content regardless of how things shakeout.

Thanks!
                              I don't know any of the dynamics here but given the fact nobody from above seems to even have RJ on their radar (as witnessed by your ability to unilaterally turn off their site and direct everybody over here!) it may be that your tech guy pulls up a terminal, types "mysqldump RotoJunkie > rjbackup-01-26-11.sql" and your problem is solved.

You may have done this also but assuming you have admin privileges I think you can generate a mailing list of ALL vb users -- if nothing else I'd do this so you can send a single email blast on the day things go dark. I'm guessing a big percentage of users/lurkers won't be back until April.

Good luck with all of this!
                              Last edited by ; 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorSmoke View Post
                                Perhaps you've already tried this but have you gently emailed the tech guy asking for a quick backup of the MySQL database?

I don't know any of the dynamics here but given the fact nobody from above seems to even have RJ on their radar (as witnessed by your ability to unilaterally turn off their site and direct everybody over here!) it may be that your tech guy pulls up a terminal, types "mysqldump RotoJunkie > rjbackup-01-26-11.sql" and your problem is solved.
                                +1 ... although you should have finished with "... our problem is solved".
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X