2K12: Dayan Viciedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Dayan Viciedo

Isn't this an intruiging sleeper and a sure-fire bet to make Revo's annual Sleeper and Increased Playing Time report.

Dayan Viciedo is an immediate beneficiary of the trade that sent Carlos Quention to the Padres and as some reports out of the South Side suggest, Kenny Williams reputation is now hinged on Viciedo's production.

He's young. He has power but not exactly much of a plate approach. He can hammer the ball as evidenced by his 35% hard-hit ball data from 2010. Last year, he battled some thumb injuries so that seemed to affect his strength.

In 2012, Viciedo is penciled in to the #7 hole, so it's not exactly a counting stats lineup slot. But U.S. Cellular Field is a +38% for HRs for right-handed hitters and the White Sox are reportedly going to give him a full run at the job so the playing time is there for you to grab -- probably on the cheap.

The question is going to be can he adjust to Major League pitchers and keep his BB/K ratio decent enough to keep him from being a BA-nightmare? Viciedo is known as a see-it, hit-it kind of guy and there are concerns that he will have too many holes in his swing.

My feeling is that he is going to struggle enough to find his way back to AAA at some point. We've only seen a total of 200 ABs from over two seasons and with it, a thumb injury, so it's hard to project him. I think he has a nice profile but I'm guessing it won't be usable in most formats until 2013. I might be way off though, but that's just my opinion.

2012 Projections

300 ABs
    .245 BA
    11 HRs
    38 RBI
    35 Runs
    2 SBs
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

I don't know that I agree...last year, he showed a better approach at the plate, with a .364 OBP over 500+ plate appearances in AAA. So I think that shows that he can take a walk if offered. Plus, I think the 300 AB's is far too low, barring injuries. I think that the Sox are going to be re-tooling, and will give him a full run to see what he's made of.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Unless there is a complete collapse he does not go back to AAA. The pale hose are in a rebuild phase and will want to see what he can do on the major league level going forward. I see at least 450 PA's (barring injury) Also, if he is doing well he could move up in the order---especially if the Adam Dunn of 2011 shows up.
      My guess:
      255-260 AVG (OBP not much higher)
      17-20 HR
      55-65 RBI
      45-50 Runs
      4 SB

The biggest question mark may be if he can handle a full-time outfield role, or if he is a DH/1B type.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Yeah in theory, if he can float, he'll stick for the 500 ABs, but I guess I'm just betting against it. It will be interesting to see and won't stop me from taking a flier on him....
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

So what are thoughts on his latest streak? Is he hitting to his potential and Is this a breakout or is it just a hot streak?

I'm gambling and trying to trade for him in my 12 team AL only.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
            So what are thoughts on his latest streak? Is he hitting to his potential and Is this a breakout or is it just a hot streak?

I'm gambling and trying to trade for him in my 12 team AL only.
            I was gonna post the opposite - I have him, maybe this is a good time to put him on the market ... he's better than that .180 hitter back in early May, but I don't see him as a 40-HR guy. Hope I'm wrong tho ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
            X