Mastersball Reduced Subscription for Rotojunkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastersball Reduced Subscription for Rotojunkie

On behalf of Jason, we are happy to announce a reduced cost to the Mastersball Platinum Subscription Package available to all those that contributed to the 2012 Pass the Hat campaign.

Using the coupon code 'PM ME FOR CODE', you will save $15 off the regular $34.95 subscription cost, reducing the price to only $19.95!

The link below will take you to a detailed subscription of the service. If you choose to purchase, the only catch is you need to register and log into the site beforehand. There should be a sign-in box in the upper right corner of the page, and there definitely is one on the home page.

WARNING: Some are having slight issues logging in. My success rate is 100% getting the problem solved. Just shoot me an e-mail or PM through RJ and we will get it fixed.

I will also be checking back here and can answer questions so please feel free to post them in this thread.

LINK
    Last edited by Todd Zola; 03-10-2012, 11:03 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Todd, thank you very much. Can we put in league keeper lists that calculate inflation and then the system projects dollar values that are customizable based on league tendencies?

Comment

I don't think anything can project league tendencies, but we have the ability to generate dollar values customized to your league specifications and then a couple different tools to use for inflation, one available now, one soon.

We have drafting software that can import custom values and will calculate inflated values using an algorithm different than the conventional method, mainly because the conventional method is quite flawed. Our method puts more $$$ to the top and always keeps the lowest player at $1 as opposed to the standard linear application.

I am also working on a stand-alone Excel tool if you do not want to deal with using draft software. Here, there will be a player list with the non-inflated values. You enter either the keeper value or the auction price the player was purchased at and the tool will spit out an inflated value.

In February, I plan on writing an essay on inflation and how there is no perfect algorithm, but why I feel the one we use is better than the conventional means.

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately, my league does not allow any electronic devises to be used during the auction, so Rotolab is not an option.

That said, I would be interested in being able to upload keeper lists and calculating dollar values. Sounds like that is possible.

What I meant was my league values speed and saves pretty highly (4x4 NL), so they tend to go for more. I was hoping if I adjusted those categories it may adjust everything else.

I know nothing is perfect, just curious. Last year I used HQ and it worked pretty well overall for my needs but figured to try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post

What I meant was my league values speed and saves pretty highly (4x4 NL), so they tend to go for more. I was hoping if I adjusted those categories it may adjust everything else.
          Then why didn't you just say that

We can indeed do just that with an Excel tool that calculates values.

Comment

Will this help me in Bill Lee Mixed?
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
              Will this help me in Bill Lee Mixed?
              Sorry, I have no "Hartigan macro".

Comment

Masterball weren't the bastards that stole our website right? That was fanball, correct?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Masterball weren't the bastards that stole our website right? That was fanball, correct?
                  Well, at one point we had internal discussions whether to try to steal Sporer, but we opted against it

Comment

eld- tried to PM but you're full. I hope you don't mind that I didn't start a thread alerting you to that. Strange things happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                      On behalf of Jason, we are happy to announce a reduced cost to the Mastersball Platinum Subscription Package available to all those that contributed to the 2012 Pass the Hat campaign.

Using the coupon code 'rotojunkie', you will save $15 off the regular $34.95 subscription cost, reducing the price to only $19.95!

The link below will take you to a detailed subscription of the service. If you choose to purchase, the only catch is you need to register and log into the site beforehand. There should be a sign-in box in the upper right corner of the page, and there definitely is one on the home page.

WARNING: Some are having slight issues logging in. My success rate is 100% getting the problem solved. Just shoot me an e-mail or PM through RJ and we will get it fixed.

I will also be checking back here and can answer questions so please feel free to post them in this thread.

LINK
                      I'm game to try it, Todd. Registered on the site, but no luck with payment. Please PM me when it's up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Mastersball are great people - I don't let bastards advertise here

btw, we're inching very close to getting the old domain back!

Comment

Mastersball is a quality site run by quality people. That would be $20 very well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            I'm game to try it, Todd. Registered on the site, but no luck with payment. Please PM me when it's up and running.
                            Same here. I click on the payment button and it brings me to the top of the page.

Comment

My two opinions on Mastersball:

1) As I remember it, their site is not especially Chrome-friendly. I was having trouble getting the main page to work/logging in a couple times last year.
                              2) Their projections were pretty good (better than BP, which was the only other site I tried), their auction tool was very good especially considering it was in beta, and their prospect list has been insanely good to me the last couple of years (got me Rasmus, Stubbs, Freeman, Meek, and others).
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X