• .....and Kuroda is a Yankee too

Son of a bitch

Jesus...

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
      Jesus...
      No longer your concern

Comment

The Yanks need starting pitching..they go out and acquire two solid starters without having to put out big money long term contracts. Big contracts will always happen...but I'd be nervous if I was an agent....teams might be finally figuring out a few things.

Comment

mlbdepthcharts already has Pineda and Kuroda in the Yanks rotation. They are on top of things. It says Hughes is out of the rotation, I guess that makes sense. Perhaps they gonna try again to dump Burnett by paying more of the contract (like 95% of it).
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

another great move for the Yanks. They waited out the market and the prices of the solid free agent pitchers dropped considerably.

Comment

I wish the Jays had signed him. He puts up great numbers at a fraction of the cost of an ace. Nice signing by the Yanks. They have totally revamped their rotation.

CC
              Pineda
              Kuroda
              Nova
              Garcia

Damn!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Love Kuroda, the contract and the length. One year is perfect and gives the B and B some more time to season.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  The Yanks need starting pitching..they go out and acquire two solid starters without having to put out big money long term contracts. Big contracts will always happen...but I'd be nervous if I was an agent....teams might be finally figuring out a few things.
                  Heck, even Amaro, who never hestiates to throw money at people he wants, waited out Rollins.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I wonder if Hughes is trade bait now. He's a terrible fit for that park but might be able to thrive elsewhere.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I wonder if Hughes is trade bait now. He's a terrible fit for that park but might be able to thrive elsewhere.
                      could be - but what would the yanks want?

Comment

Any chance the Yanks re-acquire Soriano in exchange for Burnett? Soriano is owed $54 million over the next three years and Burnett is owed $33 million over the next two years. I would imagine the Cubs would need to throw in some money to cover that third year. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN View Post
                          Any chance the Yanks re-acquire Soriano in exchange for Burnett? Soriano is owed $54 million over the next three years and Burnett is owed $33 million over the next two years. I would imagine the Cubs would need to throw in some money to cover that third year. Just a thought.
                          It's not a bad idea by any means (trash-for-trash deals can benefit both sides), but I find it difficult to imagine Theo & Co. dealing with Cashman. I think that if the Yankees want a defensively-challenged aging OF, they'd be better off bringing back Johnny Damon at a far lower price.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            It's not a bad idea by any means (trash-for-trash deals can benefit both sides), but I find it difficult to imagine Theo & Co. dealing with Cashman. I think that if the Yankees want a defensively-challenged aging OF, they'd be better off bringing back Johnny Damon at a far lower price.
                            it is funny 'cause he said Yankees and at a far lower price in the same sentence

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              it is funny 'cause he said Yankees and at a far lower price in the same sentence
                              Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems as if the Yankees are trying to be more cost-effective--and perhaps trying to reduce their "luxury tax". They went the comparatively cheap route last year with Garcia and Colon and got good enough results, so maybe they think they're on to something (that other franchises have done for years).

It's as if they learned something from contracts such as the one they gave Burnett.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X