Our league is moving to auction but could use help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our league is moving to auction but could use help

We have been a draft with keepers for a few years and now are going to do auction starting this year. We have ideas about how to transfer our current keepers to dollar values but is there somewhere we can get help on other basic rules for leagues with dollar values. We have been thinking about contracts and how extensions work but there is probably something we are missing. I know a lot of people here run auctions and I was hoping someone had online rules they would let me review or post tips.

I would just start from scratch.

As far as long-term contracts, both of my leagues allow players to be kept for a max of 2 additional years at the original salary. Or they can be extended for an additional $5 per year extended.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My team is one of 3 that would really be hurt by starting from scratch but I was the most vocal one saying we should just start over and I got voted down 8-2. We will take our keepers from last year and discount them from dollar values on a site (ESPN or Yahoo probably). One guy wants to keep Pujols so I get to keep Verlander, Felix, Longoria, and Kershaw at discounts. I took over a crappy team and my first draft I filled up my minor league spots before I filled up my roster and got lucky that guys didn't get hurt or I didn't over value them.

Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
        My team is one of 3 that would really be hurt by starting from scratch but I was the most vocal one saying we should just start over and I got voted down 8-2. We will take our keepers from last year and discount them from dollar values on a site (ESPN or Yahoo probably). One guy wants to keep Pujols so I get to keep Verlander, Felix, Longoria, and Kershaw at discounts. I took over a crappy team and my first draft I filled up my minor league spots before I filled up my roster and got lucky that guys didn't get hurt or I didn't over value them.

Thanks for the help so far.
        Then I'd build for this year because you'll probably be starting from scratch in 2013 after your leaguemates realize what they've done

Comment

Working...
        X