• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yunel Escobar or Brent Morel ?

AL only $260 budget keeper.

Escobar is $14.

Morel is $10.

Who would you rather have?

I'm not convinced Morel can hit. Escobar doesn't run or hit for a ton of power so I'm not sure he's worth $14.

Forced to choose I'd take Escobar. I can see justifying that if SS is scarce. No way I risk $10 on Morel.

Comment

I kinda like Morel. He isn't great but I do think he can hit a bit. I think he spent most of the season trying not to hit .200, he accomplished that at the expense of everything else. Once he loosened up he showed, however briefly, that his minor league numbers are worth consideration. I don't think he'll spend a season hitting as he did those last six weeks but I might take a shot on Morel at ten. At 14 I'd toss Escobar back. Third base is weak enough that in an AL-only I would take Morel over a lot of mediocre alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I'd toss both of 'em back but I prefer Escobar by a slim margin at those prices.
        Yeah, neither price is great. I should say that Escobar is probably a safer bet to earn his salary but Morel has the higher upside in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

In our AL only Ultra with high inflation. Both are keepers. I have offered Escobar in a trade. The other owner inquired about Morel. Just wondered what you guys thought was the better keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I'm not convinced Morel can hit. Escobar doesn't run or hit for a ton of power so I'm not sure he's worth $14.

Forced to choose I'd take Escobar. I can see justifying that if SS is scarce. No way I risk $10 on Morel.
            I agree with this. Escobar is a guaranteed 10 HR and 50 RBI with a good average.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              AL only $260 budget keeper.

Escobar is $14.

Morel is $10.

Who would you rather have?
              Escobar, the more proven hitter at a weak position. I have him in my AL only with OBP where he is worth more than even $14. I just didn't see the minor league numbers supporting much offensive upside to Morel. I think his end to last season was a little flukey

Comment

On Morel:

WOBA of at least .358 at every level of the minors, above average contact ability, strong batting averages, solid on base percentages despite slightly below average walk rates, ISO's much better than he showed in MLB. Has flashed stolen base potential too. Call it coincidence if you like but the streak at the end happened after the coaches told him to be more aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                X