Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs sign Paul Maholm.

Whoopie.

Setting the stage for them to trade Garza to DET for Jacob Turner, if the Twitterverse is to be believed. I'd like that move for the Cubs if they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Setting the stage for them to trade Garza to DET for Jacob Turner, if the Twitterverse is to be believed. I'd like that move for the Cubs if they did it.
      I do not have a problem with trading Garza. I have a problem with them signing Maholm to a one year deal with an option. What is the point of signing this type of player? He is not part of the rebuilding plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I do not have a problem with trading Garza. I have a problem with them signing Maholm to a one year deal with an option. What is the point of signing this type of player? He is not part of the rebuilding plan.
        You still have to play 162 games this season, and maybe they think a Turner is better served by being in the minors for another year. No sense in rushing him when their rebuilding...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Maybe SaberBoy can explain this to us.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Maybe they're trying to lock down the first overall pick next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              You still have to play 162 games this season, and maybe they think a Turner is better served by being in the minors for another year. No sense in rushing him when their rebuilding...
              Agree with this.

Comment

So they spend $5 million to win 62 games rather than 60?

All Cubs fans know they are rebuilding. It is supposed to be a 3 year plan.

Maybe they are hoping that he starts off on fire so they can trade him?

Comment

Maybe they are hoping that he starts off on fire so they can trade him?
                  We have a winner

Comment

Working...
                  X