Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Players Let You Down the Most in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Players Let You Down the Most in 2012?

I'm wondering which players were the most disappointing for your fantasy teams in 2011 and whether you would draft them again in 2012.

For me:

Adam Dunn - Yes, I'd draft him again, but hopefully at a discount.
    Hanley Ramirez - Yes, but I'll be watching this spring to be certain his shoulder is healed.
    Kevin Youkilis - Undecided, but probably.
    Brett Anderson - Probably should have realized he wasn't fully healthy, I'd take him at a huge discount.

Manny Ramirez - no.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Pedro Alvarez-maybe

Comment

Ryan Dempster - need big discount
        Wandy Rodriguez - need big discount
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Carl Crawford - Yes, I had him for 3 years @ $25 after his down year in 08.
          Shin-Soo Choo - Yes, hopefully his shame for getting a dui has worn off after a year.
          Jayson Werth - Doubtful but am not ruling him out.
          Kelly Johnson - Probably, I might keep him again for $1, seems like almost guaranteed profit.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The three most expensive players on my team were Carl Crawford, Shin-Soo Choo, and Youkilis. Ugh.

But, I would definitely draft all three again. I just wouldn't pay (quite) as much as I did last year, probably would need a 25% discount. Maybe more on Youk.

Comment

He sucked at the beginning of the year along with too many of my other players, forcing me to dump early.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Ryan Zimmerman- I'm convinced that despite his " skill set ", he has an equal shot at 15 HR, and 50 RBI as he does going 25 and 100.

Andre Ether- decent average, but the power and RBI's have gone south, each of the past three years.

Chad Billingsley- now appears nothing really but average across the board.

Comment

Crawford-yes but not elite dollars.

Morneau- nope unless he was real cheap. Low teens cheap.

Pujols- for what I paid for him. Will not go that high for him in my AL only league.

Comment

Joe Mauer--No, because I picked up Napoli as a keeper early last year (he helped me win a title), so I don't need Mauer.

Comment

Jason Werth -- Only if the price is right.

Comment

My high priced guys pretty much returned value. I was hurt by my mid or low-mid priced guys: John Jaso (puke, no won't touch), Alexi Casilla (yes, at the right price), Joakim Soria (brutal in the first half), Gavin Floyd (again, bad first half)
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

There were so many, but the one who really stands out is Adam Dunn. However, if I can get him at half the price, I'll consider buying him again.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

I feel like guys coming off terrible single seasons always go for more than they merit. People get focused on bounce-back candidates to the point that they'll bid up an Adam Dunn or a Carl Crawford to $25+ out of fear they'll miss out on a rebound.

I almost never land those types for that reason, though I'm not opposed to it in principle.

One position you can do well with rebound candidates is DH. Frank Thomas, Jim Thome, and David Ortiz have put up some massive numbers after many people thought they were finished. I owned Thomas for $4 in his huge 2006, missed out on Thome's big year (he went for $11) but instead landed Ortiz that put up a good profit himself on the $20 I paid for him. There's always more full-time DH's than owners with spots for them, so a handful of guys will land cheap DH's, and sometimes they'll find major value from that spot.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Adam Dunn - just a down year, he is arguably one of the most consistent hitters in the league

Grady Sizemore - I feel a little Lance Berkman injury bounce back coming

CHIEN MING WANG - I always loved that ground ball rate, I have had him on my watch list for the past 2 seasons

a few other good ones in this article, Fantasy Baseball Sleepers for Every Position in 2012: http://bit.ly/AzOOwH

Comment

Working...
                              X