2K12:Anthony Rizzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12:Anthony Rizzo

I will not bother to quote the stats, because the history is short and not productive. His AAA stats are quite impressive, so if someone has his MLE, please post them. The only projection is Bill James, which is a simple extension of the miserable rookie year.

Another factor comes into play. Brian LaHair is already on the Cubs roster, with almost identical AAA numbers, and is also a LHH. At 28 he is at that do it or go home stage. LikelyEizzo will takea bacj seat,atleast initially.

So, what do yo think? Will Rizzo perform to his MLE? Will he start the year in AAA? If so, when will he come up and in what rule?

J.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Here are the MLE's that I have at least from Baseball HQ:

Team (LG) AB BA OBP Slg HR SB Eye

Tucson (PCL) 356 .331 .404 .652 26 7 0.48
    San Diego (MLB) 128 .141 .281 .242 1 2 0.46
    MLE 356 .251 .306 .447 14 4 0.26

LaHair was equally impressive in the PCL LY but can't imagine he'll be given that long of a leash to start the year or even ST. He's certainly the clubhouse leader right now but also the proverbial seat warmer.

I'll be very interested to see Rizzo back in AAA this year since Iowa is a much different environment from Tucson and it's really the west coast where the stats seem to be more inflated. With the history the new Cubs front office has with Rizzo, I don't think they would have traded for him (again) unless they really liked him. That said, I get why people are calling out red flags and it will be up to Rizzo to prove this year whether LY in SD was an anomaly or a reflection of who he really is.

Comment

I agree Lahair will be in a do or die situation, but he could get some extra slack because there is no net. Your point about seeing him in a pitchers AAA league is valid, and he Cubs may be thinking along the same lines.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If this is truly a rebuilding year for the Cubs as they say it is, then they're not going to put pressure on Rizzo to perform right away. He'll get the call if/when LaHair gets hurt or shows he can't cut it at all, otherwise the focus will be on continuing his development.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          If this is truly a rebuilding year for the Cubs as they say it is, then they're not going to put pressure on Rizzo to perform right away. He'll get the call if/when LaHair gets hurt or shows he can't cut it at all, otherwise the focus will be on continuing his development.
          The other side of it is that LaHair could develop into a tradeable asset, but only if he hits MLB pitching. OTOH rizzo has never played in a pitcher's league. If he destroys it, the big club will find a way.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
          X