Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y Alonzo or J Guzman, SD?

Hi, All,
    After 2-3 years without a roto team, I am back and happy to be playing again! I have found a new league [after my 20+ year league blew apart]that is just about right: 12-team NL-only, 5x5, standard roto rules, fairly close to home, face-to-face auction, etc. The only problem is that the team I inherit may just be the worst team I have ever seen! So, in the next few months, I will spend a good bit of time here at RJ, asking assistance from some of my old forum friends.
    I'd like to start with this one: Alonzo vs J Guzman.Which of the 2 will stick at 1b and can the other perform well enough ---or even get an opportunity--- in the OF? And, will either put up sufficient stats to justify me keeping them? Alonzo will be $10-A, Guzman $5B.
    Thanks as always,
    Scottw
    Bearin' up!

Probably Alonzo...he's going to get every opportunity as part of the big Latos deal. I'd be very suprised if he doesn't get 500 AB's if his health permits.

BTW, welcome back...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Honestly I don't love either at those prices. If both were $5 I'd take Alonso. But I don't think SD is going to rush him, if he struggles he could start the year at (or be sent down to) AAA. With Quentin around the Padres have a lot of 1B/corner OF guys (Q, Venable, Blanks, Guzman) and no need to rush.

Comment

If you need to make a decision now, I'd go with Yonder Alonso. But I think the Padres have another move coming.

Comment

Working...
        X