Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    I think that Hank Aaron would be one
    ... and only. Actually, only 3 stats are needed - HR, SB and AVG. The other great career HR/AVG guys simply did not steal bases.

Switch it to OBP and you swap Aaron for Barry Bonds (that one I sight-checked, so it there could be another).
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      ... and only. Actually, only 3 stats are needed - HR, SB and AVG. The other great career HR/AVG guys simply did not steal bases.

Switch it to OBP and you swap Aaron for Barry Bonds (that one I sight-checked, so it there could be another).
      Hopefully this puts an early end to any sort of anti-HOF argument against Chipper.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post

Willie Mays might have a little Say Hey in this group.

Comment

Chipper is the only switch-hitter with a .300 career BA and at least 300 HRs
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Lower BA and lower OBP.

It says a lot about Chipper that he's in this kind of company. One of the very best of all-time.
            I had him at .304 but that is with out the last 2 Met years (which were bad). He beat the pants off Chipper in SB and HRs. so I might look the other way if Chipper got him by .004 in BA.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Ehhh, what?

Willie Mays was a very great baseball player but his career stats do not eclipse those of Chipper's in traditional 5x5 categories. That was the question posed and there is only one correct answer.
              Well, if you going to put it that way... then nevermind.

Comment

Chipper can still hit and he can still draw a walk. Whether he can physically walk, that's sometimes optional.

Comment

Working...
                X