2K12: Jose Tabata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Jose Tabata

Speed, speed and for variety, speed. Is it enough?

2011 Age 23: 91 G, 4 HR, 16 SB, 0.266/0.349/0.362
    2012 Age 24: 153 G, 7 HR, 29 SB, .283/.349/.387 (Bill James)

Are these realistic? How much chance of a surge in BA, power or SB? Given these numbers, where will the runs and RBI fall?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

those number look about right IF (big IF) he manages to play 153 games

Comment

Is he really his listed age? Here is a quote from a Keith Law chat on 12/1/11.

Nate (WV)

Did Tabata get any consideration for the top 50 or were injuries too much of a problem
      Klaw
      (1:46 PM)

He's not good enough anyway, but he's also several years older than his listed age, according to a source who has seen his Venezuelan passport.

Comment

Yeah, for a player who's supposed to be 24, it's not a really big deal for his fantasy value right now if he's 27 or 28, but it's not so good for the team that just signed him to a 6-year contract. Oops.

I'd be shocked if he played 150 games. He just doesn't seem that durable.

Last year his walk rate AND his K rate spiked. His BABIP fell and crushed his AVG. He stole a few more bases given the number of PAs he put up. His G/F was still very high (good since he can run and has no power) and his LD% was in the 16s for the 2nd straight year.

He is what he is. If he plays nicked up, he'll beat out a few less hits and his AVG will suffer. Pitchers are not afraid to challenge him so his walks probably won't go any higher.

Splitting the difference on his 2 AVG seasons gives you .283 (maybe where the James number came from). If you figure he gets 450 AB, he should surround that with 22-24 steals, 4-5 HR, 70-75 runs and 30-35 RBI. The bottom half of the Pirates' lineup is still atrocious and I think Tabata should hit leadoff. In fact, 30 RBI might be optimistic in 450 ABs. But Presley might not suck, and Walker and Cutch should still drive Tabata in plenty of times.

Comment

Working...
        X